1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.1.0

Old TestFlight threads
Locked
Looxoor
Posts: 129
Joined: 18 Nov 2015, 11:30

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by Looxoor » 03 Aug 2017, 19:29

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I would like to have a font size selector in the list view options, i.e. The Left click in list view panel of options. That would enable more control so that more people would be able to find their sweet spot, which would get rid of my primary concern; font size and weight.
IMO the screen real estate is underused in this view, I'll give an example:
Image
I think probably at least 15 items instead of 9 would feel better.
On a different note, the TV show name etc on the right panel have a somewhat too small size I think.

Furthermore I really miss the osd view from amber when you click enter (or what the touch bar button is called) when playing something.
The new one just feels so barren.

Also I think the font is a little bit on the thin side, especially when signifying clickable items. A little more weight would make a tremendous impact for legibility as well as professionalism IMHO.

That's it for now, thanks for all your dedicated work!

jabohn
Posts: 393
Joined: 20 Nov 2015, 18:53

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by jabohn » 03 Aug 2017, 19:47

Looxoor wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 19:29
I think probably at least 15 items instead of 9 would feel better.

On a different note, the TV show name etc on the right panel have a somewhat too small size I think.

Also I think the font is a little bit on the thin side, especially when signifying clickable items. A little more weight would make a tremendous impact for legibility as well as professionalism IMHO.
I think 15 items would be too many - it would decrease the space between items and make it harder to read. Maybe somewhere in between to allow a couple more items?

Agreed on the small font for TV Show name and with the thin font. A tad thicker would be better, specially on fan art backgrounds.

Is that the Dark Blue color Looxoor?

User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2758
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by amet » 03 Aug 2017, 20:12

reason for having 9 items(bigger highlighted area) is so that iOS and Amazon tablets can be used with the same skin. think about having to click that item on iPhone :)

on a separate note, I screwed up recently added and in progress items in this testflight as it doesn't slide when side menu is opened. fixed for next TF version, sorry about that.

Looxoor
Posts: 129
Joined: 18 Nov 2015, 11:30

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by Looxoor » 03 Aug 2017, 20:25

jabohn wrote:
Looxoor wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 19:29
I think probably at least 15 items instead of 9 would feel better.

On a different note, the TV show name etc on the right panel have a somewhat too small size I think.

Also I think the font is a little bit on the thin side, especially when signifying clickable items. A little more weight would make a tremendous impact for legibility as well as professionalism IMHO.
I think 15 items would be too many - it would decrease the space between items and make it harder to read. Maybe somewhere in between to allow a couple more items?

Agreed on the small font for TV Show name and with the thin font. A tad thicker would be better, specially on fan art backgrounds.

Is that the Dark Blue color Looxoor?
Yeah, I guess you're absolutely right, maybe 11 then? At least one or two more would do the trick I think!

It's nice to hear I'm not alone in that reasoning, feels good when someone has your back!

Yup, dark blue, the only one that didn't blind me on my TV! Image

I get the reasoning @Amet but would you please at least consider making the number of items choosable, that way you could still have the same skin.
Do you agree it seems a little wasteful of that screen at least? Image

Aah, remembered another thing I thought of that I think someone else said earlier: A dark theme option that just replaces the background images with a dark gray color.
I'm using dark mode on all apps on all platforms that support it to save my eyes and I'd very much like that in MrMC as well.

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 834
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by timstephens24 » 03 Aug 2017, 21:12

I still cannot get out of the 'Show Information' window on the iPad. Gestures do not work and there's no button to go back.

jabohn
Posts: 393
Joined: 20 Nov 2015, 18:53

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by jabohn » 03 Aug 2017, 22:02

Looxoor wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 20:25
Yup, dark blue, the only one that didn't blind me on my TV!

Aah, remembered another thing I thought of that I think someone else said earlier: A dark theme option that just replaces the background images with a dark gray color.
Exactly the reason why I suggested a dark color. It could have been any dark color but I picked blue. It would be great if there were other dark choices for green and red for example.

Dark theme - when they get the custom background image working, you could just make your own dark grey image and pick that, right?

Looxoor
Posts: 129
Joined: 18 Nov 2015, 11:30

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by Looxoor » 03 Aug 2017, 23:49

jabohn wrote: Exactly the reason why I suggested a dark color. It could have been any dark color but I picked blue. It would be great if there were other dark choices for green and red for example.

Dark theme - when they get the custom background image working, you could just make your own dark grey image and pick that, right?
Absolutely, any of those would make a great addition, most "urgently" red to go with the MrMC theme.

Yeah you're right of course, just thought it also might be a way to sway some hesitant would be buyers, if they're as adamant as I am about keeping with the overall darkness of the OS and not willing to fiddle with custom images.

User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2758
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by amet » 04 Aug 2017, 04:55

timstephens24 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 21:12
I still cannot get out of the 'Show Information' window on the iPad. Gestures do not work and there's no button to go back.
Got it, will look into it

edit: done for the next round of TF
edit2: gestures work just fine here, why are you having issues with it? 2 finger swipe from right to left? not trying to convince you to use the gestures, just trying to figure out why its not working for you :)

User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2758
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by amet » 04 Aug 2017, 04:58

Looxoor wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 20:25

I get the reasoning @Amet but would you please at least consider making the number of items choosable, that way you could still have the same skin.
Do you agree it seems a little wasteful of that screen at least? Image

Aah, remembered another thing I thought of that I think someone else said earlier: A dark theme option that just replaces the background images with a dark gray color.
I'm using dark mode on all apps on all platforms that support it to save my eyes and I'd very much like that in MrMC as well.
I will check if it’s possible to make the number of items selectable, dark theme (or rather dark backgrounds all around) coming up

EDIT: apparently its possible and it was done last night by our skin guru :)

its coming up with a dark theme selector in the next round of TestFlight

Looxoor
Posts: 129
Joined: 18 Nov 2015, 11:30

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by Looxoor » 04 Aug 2017, 07:03

amet wrote:
Looxoor wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 20:25

I get the reasoning @Amet but would you please at least consider making the number of items choosable, that way you could still have the same skin.
Do you agree it seems a little wasteful of that screen at least? Image

Aah, remembered another thing I thought of that I think someone else said earlier: A dark theme option that just replaces the background images with a dark gray color.
I'm using dark mode on all apps on all platforms that support it to save my eyes and I'd very much like that in MrMC as well.
I will check if it’s possible to make the number of items selectable, dark theme (or rather dark backgrounds all around) coming up

EDIT: apparently its possible and it was done last night by our skin guru :)

its coming up with a dark theme selector in the next round of TestFlight
Oh, great news, thank you!

Locked