1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Folder with one video file / Start video directly

Report any issues you might have in here
whitedogbe

Folder with one video file / Start video directly

Post by whitedogbe »

Hello,

I recently switched from SMB to NFS and notice a change in behaviour when starting to play a video.
All my movies are in their own folder, with one video file in them. I'm using mrmc on tvOS.

Before I would just "Enter" the folder and the movie would play.
Now it opens the folder and shows the files inside. I then ned to "Enter" again to start the video.
I tried playing around with the different options for the share (type = movies, movies are in folder = yes, ...)but always get the same result.
Now if I select "Play" on a folder, it does play the video file.

I'm pretty sure that before i could just "Enter" into a folder and it would play immediately.
Can someone explain which options exactly should control this behaviour?

Thanks!
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Folder with one video file / Start video directly

Post by amet »

If you are accessing the files from Media Sources then you will have to drill down until you select the file to play it.

I suspect you had files loaded in a library before and access them using “Movie” or “Tv Show” from Home Screen
whitedogbe

Post by whitedogbe »

Hi amet, thanks for the quick reply.

That's correct.
I have marked these media sources as favorite and "add to home screen".
I access them in that way, but that's also what I did before.
I've not changed any settings, I've only changed the sources.

I've checked again and I think I was thrown off by the default view being "icons" instead of the "list" when going into the folder.
Guess my mind was playing tricks on me :)

But as I already indicated that "each folder contains one movie", is there some other way to achieve this and just start playing? I'll try to remeber to just press play instead :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

There is no way as far as I can think, if it’s a movie folder “select” will just drill into it and only play video file.

Why not add it into a library?