1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Suggestions to improve Ariana

Any Ariana skin issues go here
Everbrave

Suggestions to improve Ariana

Post by Everbrave »

Being aware that the taste of skins is very individual, i will try to make general suggestions, leaving the detailed implementation to the designer.

1) Things that are most infrequently used (least changed), I.e. static objects, should occupy least space on the screen, e.g.
- Buttons to set the media server, settings, etc. can be implemented as drop-down menu (Plex player/Extension style)
- Buttons for the media libraries, Movies, TV Shows, etc. can use only the icons that change color when selected, without the background (to save space).

2) Start watching immediately from the home page with the least amount of actions, i.e, least scrolling/clicking, e.g.
- the home page should accommodate at least the Continue Watching and Recently Added Media.
- the home page can mix the kind of media under the same category, e.g. Recently added can include bothe movies and tv shows.

3) Hide interactions that can be automated, e.g.
- changing the theme (done)
- scrolling speed sensitivity and indications (adjust remote sensitivity, intertial scrolling, first letter of media)

4) Use dynamic filtering based on usage statistics and not just static categories, e.g.
- mostly watched TV shows lately
- Because you Added/Watched, etc.

Thanks for your consideration
Last edited by Everbrave on 12 Nov 2018, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
pecinko

Re: Suggestions to improve Ariana

Post by pecinko »

Thanks for suggestions.
Maetrik

Post by Maetrik »

This skin is amazing, thank you very much for Ariana :)

I'd suggest just two small adjustments:

1. Wide list for file view (current list is half of screen and if no thumbnail is available it looks very empty)
2. Improvements in OSD when current time, end time, playtime and remaining time is shown, as its a little confusing at the moment. The default skin is doing this very good in my opinion. Maybe you could put the current time into the middle, remaining time with a beginning "-" on the right, playtime on the left and an option in skin settings to remove "end time" at all?
Cantello

Post by Cantello »

Everbrave wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 12:14 1) Things that are most infrequently used (least changed), I.e. static objects, should occupy least space on the screen, e.g.
- Buttons to set the media server, settings, etc. can be implemented as drop-down menu (Plex player/Extension style)
- Buttons for the media libraries, Movies, TV Shows, etc. can use only the icons that change color when selected, without the background (to save space).
I completely second this, especially in regards to available screen space. The buttons for media sources and libraries (for Plex) can easily be put in the top row together with the logo and the user/settings buttons so that there is enough space to show 'in progress' and 'recently added'.

I must admit, I still prefer opacity over ariana (only for functionality, information on screen) but this looks so much better on my ATV4 that I wil probably switch soon-ishly. :-)