1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hello! MRMC with mythtvbackend on Apple TV (gen5)

Introduce yourself here
mark60050

Hello! MRMC with mythtvbackend on Apple TV (gen5)

Post by mark60050 »

Hello from Chicago!

Just starting using MRMC last week on Apple TV Gen 5. Wow! Nice job!

I've had a mythbackend running for over 15 years (replaced server hardware twice) and just found MRMC on Apple TV. I am using to MRMC to replace my older Raspberry PI OSMC builds. I transitioned from HD to 4K TV and Raspberry PIs just could not cut it with LiveTV high motions sports any longer... I use a HDHomeRun for both my cable and liveTV tuners.

Anyway, MRMC on AppleTV works flawlessly. I am running the Amber Skin as that is closest to the old Confluence skin I am use to. I have re-programed my old JP1remote IR universal remote to control the AppleTV and MRMC. Still need to work out a few kinks in keymaps.xml. Would be nice to get recorded programs on the Amber home screen. But, that may be a skin limitation.

Cheers! Keep up the good work!
disappointed

Re: Hello! MRMC with mythtvbackend on Apple TV (gen5)

Post by disappointed »

You are almost me. Hello from Toronto!

Just starting using MRMC last week on Apple TV Gen 5. Less happy than you.

I've had a mythbackend running for 10 years on a mac mini, with 2 Kodi frontends - a Raspberry PI 3b running OpenELEC originally and now LibreELEC; a fireTV with Kodi sideloaded. I have 2 HDHomeRuns (a 3 and a 4) dedicated to the mythbackend. Kodi on both devices has been almost bulletproof, even when running betas.

With the MythTV plugin, Amber is the only skin that is usable. Estuary would be much nicer, for several reasons. It would be nice to get recorded programs on the home screen.

The hoped for benefits are not there yet (and may never be, given the lack of development since 2020). I wanted to retire the RPi - more convenient to have all apps on the Apple TV, and the Apple TV also has more horsepower. Not comfortable doing that yet, because there have been too many issues with MrMC.

I have spent hours trying to configure it and have made slow progress. Among other things,
• settings have been flaky
- frequently, they have not stuck;
- going to one of the skins broke everything, requiring me to delete the app and start over;
- at one point, I could not configure the home screen - the enable/disable button for Pictures, music, etc. didn't work. Next day it did. Flaky.
• It crashed when I tried to delete a timer. I have not since tried doing that, because ...
• after it crashed, it got stuck on a screen that said it was waiting for the backend to start up. Even force quitting MrMC didn't fix this. Next day it did launch properly. Yes, the backend was NOT starting up. Both instances of Kodi were working fine.

There also an oddity in the TV tab. It always shows the wrong info for next program being recorded - It always shows the first rule I set - it was showing a rule I set up in 2018, and said that my next recording would be in 2018. Do you have this issue? BTW, when I tried to delete this rule in MrMC, it crashed (see above). When I deleted from another device, MrMC started displaying the next oldest rule as the next recording.

I hope the devs get their act together.
Marty56

Post by Marty56 »

Stop hoping.
MrMC is not supported anymore.
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

Unsupported indeed, yet still (dishonestly) selling in the app store without disclosing that it is dead.
reubiolo1

Post by reubiolo1 »

interesting information