1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Compatibility with 9.0.0 (Cannot download obb)

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
MrMolle

Compatibility with 9.0.0 (Cannot download obb)

Post by MrMolle »

After updating my Shield to 9.0.0 MrMC will no longer start. On startup it will present an error saying "Cannot download obb". Clearing app data doesn't help, neither does reinstalling. Actually, when I try to install MrMC from the store, the package is downloaded but the installation itself fails.
Superhans

Re: Compatibility with 9.0.0 (Cannot download obb)

Post by Superhans »

Same problem for me... Just updated with latest 'Nvidia Shield Experience' and can no longer launch MrMC with the 'cannot download obb' error...
MrMolle

Post by MrMolle »

It seems an additional reboot fixes this. Not that it matters to me anymore as I've already switched to Kodi.
Upside-down

Post by Upside-down »

I've rebooted multiple times, MrMc still won't get beyone the "Cannot Download OBB)...
Brucey76

Post by Brucey76 »

Mine starts after updating to experience 9.0 but mrmc cant see the videos on my nas anymore. Nas is mounted to shield. Kodi & spmc can see them?
Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer »

If this app does not have android 11 compliance concerning permissions as permissions do need to be set for android 11 manually at this point, then don’t hold your breath as it appears support is dead. Really ashamed as this is really a nice app. Kodi works though. You might try going to settings>apps and find mrmc and set permissions on files and media to allow if that is an option.
MrMolle

Post by MrMolle »

Upside-down wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 01:06 I've rebooted multiple times, MrMc still won't get beyone the "Cannot Download OBB)...
Try a full reinstall.
Upside-down

Post by Upside-down »

If I'm going to a do a full re-install, re-scrape my libraries, re-set all the audio/video settings, hell, I might as well install the latest Kodi.

The writing is on the wall: this project is dead, at least for Nvidia Shield TV owners.

MrMolle wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 10:55
Upside-down wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 01:06 I've rebooted multiple times, MrMc still won't get beyone the "Cannot Download OBB)...
Try a full reinstall.
kwangomango

Post by kwangomango »

This error is fixed by installing the Shield 9.0.0 hotfix. At least it was for me.
drgogu

Post by drgogu »

The 9.0.1 version fixes that. I just removed permission to access files for mrmc, restarted shield, then opened mrmc.