1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Is this project dead?

Public Announcements and News subforum
eazytv

Re: Is this project dead?

Post by eazytv »

I would like to say good bye to this forum and to all the supporters and users f MrMC.

Yesterday, it occurred again after a long time. The library vanished from my AppleTV, iPad etc. It was right after we finished watching one episode from a TV series. The ATV hang while I stopped playback like the app crashed. Exited MrMC, started it again and *bang*... no more media. Rebooting did not fix it.

Therefore, I decided to pull the plunge on MrMC.

Last night, I installled Jellyfin on my QNAP NAS. Installation was like a walk in the park with the packet recommended on the QNAP forums. Library was online after minutes. The player will be Infuse on my ATV.

I have always been liking the interaction with you guys on this forum here. Users have always been nice to each other, no rude words at any time. Something I really miss on other forums.

All the best to all of you. If you are celebrating christmas these days or just having a few days off - enjoy the days with your loved ones, stay healthy.

Kind regards
eazy
MrMolle

Post by MrMolle »

eazytv wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 07:07Therefore, I decided to pull the plunge on MrMC.
It's been a few years since I visited this forum before now. All in all, it was fun while it lasted, but that's about it. I joined and paid for the app mainly because of Koying and the fantastic work he had done with SPMC.

Anyway, for those still clinging to this once excellent Kodi port, try the following combo:
  • Kodi 20.3
  • Arctic Zephyr Reloaded skin
It's been my daily driver for a while now. It takes some time to get AZR properly configured, but trust me, you won't be disappointed in the results.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

eazytv wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 07:07 I would like to say good bye to this forum and to all the supporters and users f MrMC.

Yesterday, it occurred again after a long time. The library vanished from my AppleTV, iPad etc. It was right after we finished watching one episode from a TV series. The ATV hang while I stopped playback like the app crashed. Exited MrMC, started it again and *bang*... no more media. Rebooting did not fix it.
This kept happening to me randomly too. I think it's partially because tvOS will purge an app's data (which doesn't make sense to me or maybe I've got it wrong). Anyway, what worked for me is to set up an Emby server on my Mac and have MrMC point to that. Now when MrMC gets "wiped out" there is a brief pause and then it reloads from Emby.
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

Well, basically, I did the same with using Jellyfin on a NAS. Therefore, it should not have happened like it used to be when the database was automatically managed by the ATV.

Dunno. It was just the last drop as it was about time to move forward anyway. The project is abonded for a long time and without the error I was experiencing I might have moved now anyway. Bought a new TV (now 4k previously HD) and a new AVR (I had to because my old one was only HD) and modified the speaker system to be able to play Atmos 5.1.4. When doing this I learned the ATV not being able to passthrough TrueHD Atmos - what was not of an issue previously as I was using 7.1.

So I searched for a new mediaplayer and ended up with Zidoo Z9X Pro. Installed it today, installed the native Jellyfin App. I'm set. Haven't been using Android before, first time now. It's OK, however not as smooth as my Apple-Devices. Hwoever, I will only be using the Z9X utlizing Jellyfin playing local files up to TrueHD Atmos. For any other use-case, such like Netflix and all these streaming services, I have my ATV.