1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Is this project dead?

Public Announcements and News subforum
eazytv

Re: Is this project dead?

Post by eazytv »

"Unfortunately", I am bound to the Apple universe and I won't involve under no circumstances google/Android. Lossless. HDR etc. is a must for me as well.

What about the Jellyfin, Emby etc. clients?

And indeed, DocEagle - I have been sideloading Kodi back in the days as well. However, these reinstalls and back and forth is not a convenient way to go. Fully understand you.
drgogu

Post by drgogu »

On Android, Plex had issues with lossless sound in some instances. It's also pretty slow and cumbersome to use. Not sure about HDR. I'm still a bluray guy (1080p) :lol:
BAS999

Post by BAS999 »

I started using Infuse on my Apple TV when it became clear that MrMc isn't supported by the Developers anymore. In my opinion the pricing of Infuse is ridiculous for a video player but apart from that everything is working quite nicely with Jellyfin as Server (I had some issues, before, but they got fixed with the lastest update). I only can test on two Apple devices (Apple TV and iPhone) and the syncing works fine for me. I miss some features of MrMc though, mainly Music Library and Hue support. But since there aren't many (any?) alternatives right now, I'm quite happy with Infuse. If your library contains mostly Videos with AAC audio tracks, the free version should be sufficient, else you can get the free one month trial and decide then if it's worth it.

And just to be clear, I only can speak for Jellyfin with Infuse and can't say how good/bad other options (Plex, Emby, etc) work...

As for other options to communicate in case the forum shuts down, isn't the MrMc subreddit (which sadly never took off) still active?
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

BAS999 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 20:48 I started using Infuse on my Apple TV when it became clear that MrMc isn't supported by the Developers anymore. In my opinion the pricing of Infuse is ridiculous for a video player but apart from that everything is working quite nicely with Jellyfin as Server (I had some issues, before, but they got fixed with the lastest update). I only can test on two Apple devices (Apple TV and iPhone) and the syncing works fine for me. I miss some features of MrMc though, mainly Music Library and Hue support. But since there aren't many (any?) alternatives right now, I'm quite happy with Infuse. If your library contains mostly Videos with AAC audio tracks, the free version should be sufficient, else you can get the free one month trial and decide then if it's worth it.

And just to be clear, I only can speak for Jellyfin with Infuse and can't say how good/bad other options (Plex, Emby, etc) work...

As for other options to communicate in case the forum shuts down, isn't the MrMc subreddit (which sadly never took off) still active?
I am using the same infuse and jellyfin combination. Its doing what it should do.
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Not dead, just taking a long pandemic nap... :)
gpmc01

Post by gpmc01 »

Glad to hear from you back, Davilla.
May you inform about next steps on both iOS and Android platforms?
rjorge77

Post by rjorge77 »

Another nap…. Ahahah

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
drgogu

Post by drgogu »

A winter hibernation? 🥶

:lol:
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 19:28 Not dead, just taking a long pandemic nap... :)
So glad to read these lines :)
drgogu

Post by drgogu »

Hope you guys give us a spring treat by updating mrmc on nVidia shield (android TV). It’s totally broken in the newest shield update 9.0.1. Doesn’t see any files despite giving storage permission.