1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

No surround pass through on Nvidia Shield, but Netflix works fine

Report any issues you might have in here
helicon

No surround pass through on Nvidia Shield, but Netflix works fine

Post by helicon »

Hi -

I'm using a Sony BDV-N7200W receiver, which is connect to my Nvidia Shield via ARC and an LG OLED E7. I get that this is a non-optimal set up, but my receiver is old-ish so this doesn't bother me too much, and I've had great success using a PS5 and Netflix on the Shield in 5:1 surround.

The receiver supports LPCM 5.1ch, Dolby Digital and DTS. To enable the PS5 to work in surround mode, I have to set the audio format output to 'DTS'.

I've so far had no luck at all playing back any media from MRMC in surround - everything just appears to play in stereo. I've enabled passthrough where I can and I've also made sure to disable 'sync playback to display'.

As far as I can tell, ARC is limited to stereo PCM or SD 5.1 formats such as Dolby Digital or DTS. Is there a way to ensure and/or force MRMC to output exclusively in these formats?

I understand there's a lot to unpack here, but I'd really like to get to the root cause of this issue, particularly as the issue is clearly not with any of my hardware or my Shield as I can play Netflix in 5:1 surround (Dolby Digital). Can anyone suggest what steps I could take to help identify the issue?
maddog510

Re: No surround pass through on Nvidia Shield, but Netflix works fine

Post by maddog510 »

Try setting number of channels to 5.1 in case you haven't done so yet.
drgogu

Re: No surround pass through on Nvidia Shield, but Netflix works fine

Post by drgogu »

This is a little off topic, so I apologize, but since you are using the Shield, do you have an issue with the posters disappearing after minimizing the app and reopening it?