1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Distorted audio

Any issues that are FireTV specific
monor82

Distorted audio

Post by monor82 »

Recently, I noticed that the audio track of a movie is slightly distorted (the volume fluctuates) regardless of the output device (TV, Denon Receiver, …). First I thought the mp4 file or its audio track has been badly compressed.
But after carefully examining the sound quality of other movies with different audio formats (AAC, AC3, DTS) the slight distortion was perceivable on any of them.

Then I downloaded other media players on my FireStick - Kodi (Leia 18.9), VLC, Nova Player.
The same movies played by these apps had perfect audio quality.

The next step was fiddling with the audio settings - passthrough/no passthrough and a lot others. But I could not change the strange disturbance.

Any idea about the reason of this audio effect with MrMC and how to forestall it?
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Distorted audio

Post by amet »

No idea , but looking at the debuglog might have some info on it