1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Library not updating

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
BanRay

Library not updating

Post by BanRay »

Hi,

First of all: happy and healthy New Year!!

I recently bought a Synology NAS and moved all my content there. Since I have multiple MrMC clients, I also thought it was a good idea to use a MariaDB database for my library. (Almost) Everything works fine: the DB library is set up fine and shared amongst the MrMC clients. MrMC can play files from NAS. The one thing that does not seem to work is updating the library. I copied a new movie to the share and when manually hitting the Update Library option, it displays briefly at the top of the screen "0% Prepare" and then it quits. The library has not been updated.

Am I doing something wrong? I browsed to the log and see that a connection to the DB is established:

INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.5-10.3.21-MariaDB

The log entries for updating the library seem to be these:

NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.so)
DEBUG: Loading: /data/app/tv.mrmc.mrmc-oA4_7xzvWyGELmfjfmR0nw==/lib/arm/libnfs.so
DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.1.142/volume1/videos not open - get a new context.
DEBUG: NFS: Connected to server 192.168.1.142 and export /volume1/videos
DEBUG: NFS: chunks: r/w 131072/131072
NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
DEBUG: CGUIWindowHome::Announce, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished
DEBUG: CGUIWindowHome::SetupServices() - !g_SkinInfo->IsDynamicHomeCompatible(), skin = Amber
DEBUG: CHomeShelfJob::UpdateVideos() - Running HomeShelf screen update

Can you help me with this? I cannot upload the log, because that menu item in the system settings (UPLOAD DEBUGLOG) is greyed out...

Thanks in advance.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Library not updating

Post by amet »

Happy new year!

You need to enable debuglog for the button to become available. Enable it, then try to scan the library again and then go back to upload it

Are you updating the library from the MrMC instance that created it?
BanRay

Post by BanRay »

Duh... Uploaded: ARWGS.LOG

Honestly, I don't know exactly from which instance I created the library. I clicked on Update Library from all my instances, but that did not help. Hope you see something that can help in fixing this.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I don’t see anything except that you clicked on the scan button and that it didn’t happen... do you have the needed sources on that instance and correct user/pass for it? Nfs needs correct user permissions to read files and if we don’t have them it will just fail.

If you drill into a media source , do you see the video files listed ? Can you play a video from a media source?
BanRay

Post by BanRay »

Sources are there. I can browse (via Browse -> Files) to the share
, see all the folders and files and play the files. Do you need another log with me taking additional steps, like browsing to a folder and playing a file?
garyd123

Post by garyd123 »

If you're Nas supports docker try downloading jellyfin and having a go with that. I found it much easier to maintain than MySQL db.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

BanRay wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 20:30 Sources are there. I can browse (via Browse -> Files) to the share
, see all the folders and files and play the files. Do you need another log with me taking additional steps, like browsing to a folder and playing a file?
And the sources have content set to “movies” and you have selected the scraper?
BanRay

Post by BanRay »

Source is set to movies, scraper is selected. But... I had excluded the location from library updates. I thought that was only required for a 'local' library. But now it seems obvious that this was an incorrect thought of mine...

I set the setting to false (so now location is included for library updates), and (of course) it works. Thanks Amet!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

great! enjoy it