1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

db connection problem

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
schrackin

db connection problem

Post by schrackin »

Hi,

My Apple TV 4k died a couple of days ago, i got it replaced at the local Apple service centre so now i have a new ATV. At the initial setup I had added the media sources, than I would have liked to connect my MrMC client to my previously used mysql db on my Syno NAS but it creates a new db instead of using the old one. How can i use the old db?
Is it possible to use the same db from multiple MrMC clients? (eg. i have an apple tv in the living room, and an other one in the bedroom so i would like to get the same watched status)

MrMC MySQL settings:

amet
Team MrMC

Re: db connection problem

Post by amet »

if both ATV mysql setups are using the same database name, then they would be able to share watched status.

note that if name is "kodi18_video113" in mrmc, then the database name in MySQL will be "kodi18_video113116", database version gets added to the end of "kodi18_video113" making it "kodi18_video113116"
schrackin

Post by schrackin »

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to avoid adding the version number? Is MrMC using the same version as Kodi 18.7 for Linux?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

If you are connecting to Kodi 18 database, just omit the version number and it will connect just fine