1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Unable to move Thumbnails to SD card

Any issues that are FireTV specific
ericbalfonso

Unable to move Thumbnails to SD card

Post by ericbalfonso »

I have a fire TV device, not a stick, not a cube but a flat device sold by Amazon that I can no longer find on their website. I have filled up the storage on that device from mrmc's thumbnails and was trying to move the thumbnails to the SD card using the advancedsettings.xml file. I cannot get mrmc to write to the new directory and path created to store these thumbnails on the SD card. Refreshing the metatdata and allowing it to update with new artwork does not produce any erros on the user side but only updates all of the info and not artwork. The logs say "Error creating <path to sub-directories under the new thumbnail directory>". Here is my advancedsettings.xml file located at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc/userdata.

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Using the app, i uploaded my debug logs (FGNMA.log). In the logs, I can see that the substitution of the Thumbnails directory took place but also in the logs, I see those errors when the app tries to create the subdirectories in that directory. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
chrisc2r

Re: Unable to move Thumbnails to SD card

Post by chrisc2r »

This is what I did, although your location may well be different as it isn't the firestick you have:
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... ils#p27587

Are you able to use adb to connect and find the directory, i.e. has it mounted correctly and in the expected location that you've put in the advancedsettings file?

The directory might be in a different location dependent on what device you have.

My Firestick is:/storage/usbotg

However, it might be at /storage/sdcard1. or /storage/usbdisk/ or /storage/extUsb/

If it can't correct, how is it formatted? it won't be able to read ntfs, for example.
ericbalfonso

Re: Unable to move Thumbnails to SD card

Post by ericbalfonso »

Thanks. Because the fire tv device formatted the sd card and i successfully moved all my apps to it, I assume its not an NTFS issue. I formatted my advancedsettings file the same way as the link except I used the full path instead of using the "special" notation. My log shows the successful substitution and both the old and new paths are correct. I am close to abandoning the fire tv device for something else at this point.