Limited TestFlight 4.0.0 - Apple TV/iOS - Temporarily Closed

Google Play Store and App Store beta test feedback
amet
Team MrMC

Limited TestFlight 4.0.0 - Apple TV/iOS - Temporarily Closed

Post by amet »

Hi All,

Upcoming 4.0.0 on Apple devices will be merged into one universal application and will be offered as free app (same as current lite version) with an inApp purchase to activate the full functionality.

What we are looking for are iOS only users, that currently use MrMC Touch version and Apple TV users that have only Apple TV app and iOS device that they can test iOS version on.

current users scenario below:

- MrMC Touch iOS (3.9.*) -> MrMC Universal app (4.0.0) at no extra charge life time subscription including DivX, tvOS and iOS apps
- MrMC tvOS (3.9.*) -> MrMC Universal app (4.0.0) at no extra charge life time subscription including DivX, tvOS and iOS apps

The aim of the 4.0.0 is to seamlessly transition MrMC Touch(iOS users) and MrMC (tvOS users) over to universal app, challenge is making sure that current users (< 4.0.0) do not get charged during this process, so there will be a Free lifetime subscription that users will have to subscribe to so that it gets saved as a purchase for the future.

Just to make it clear, this change will not have any impact on current users and everyone will be moved to Free Lifetime subscription. Future users will have an option to get Yearly or Lifetime subscription and an additional DivX subscription if required.

If you are keen to test, please send us an email to support at mrmc dot tv with a subject "make me an offer I can't refuse" and let us know what device you have purchased for and what you are able to test, E.G. you bought it for Apple TV and not for iOS but you can test iOS...

We are not looking for 100 test users, 10 would be enough. if you request the TF access please provide us with the debuglog regardless of the test outcome so that we can see that the process has completed correctly. No other issues will be tested or answered, 4.0.0 has no fixes or changes VS current 3.9.7.

Any questions, or if something is unclear.. let us know.

NOTE: iOS users will have to setup the 4.0.0 app as new since there is no way to transition the user settings between different app IDs. tvOS will retain the settings.

Thanks!
Everbrave

Re: Limited TestFlight 4.0.0 - Apple TV/iOS

Post by Everbrave »

Thank you very much for the generous treatment and looking forward to testing the new version soon :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

well, you know I'm happy to test but since I own both iOS and tvOS I guess I'm not the user you're looking for. :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

cosmoxl wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 23:27 well, you know I'm happy to test but since I own both iOS and tvOS I guess I'm not the user you're looking for. :)
it helps since your "old" iOS will be replaced with the new one, no harm in trying if you are keen :)
Alain13

Post by Alain13 »

I also bought both tvOS & iOS apps, but if you do not reach enough testers (unlikely) I'm more than happy to test it.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 06:19
cosmoxl wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 23:27 well, you know I'm happy to test but since I own both iOS and tvOS I guess I'm not the user you're looking for. :)
it helps since your "old" iOS will be replaced with the new one, no harm in trying if you are keen :)
I'm busy the next week so maybe better that I don't get involved for now.
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

I like to participate. But I only own tvOS mrmc. But I have an iPhone So can install iOS mrmc.

Let me know
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Waltman wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 15:23 I like to participate. But I only own tvOS mrmc. But I have an iPhone So can install iOS mrmc.

Let me know
Read the post again my friend. You're exactly the type of user they're looking for.
snodrog742

Post by snodrog742 »

Sent in request :)
DocEagle

Post by DocEagle »

I got the invitation for tvOS again, but not for iOS (what I was expecting). Did I get something wrong?
Set-Top-Box: Apple TV 4K
FW: tvOS 16.2
Front-End: MrMC 3.9.12 (210507.625)
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: QNAP TS-451+