Compilation of Fix Suggestions

Any Ariana skin issues go here
Climiu

Compilation of Fix Suggestions

Post by Climiu »

Held off on posting this before so 3.9.7 could be released without further delay. Things are looking good but now that the dust has settled on 3.9.7 just a couple fix suggestions and fine tuning to bring everything together.

1. For the Movie Fanart view (the one showing the plot) as shown in the example below:

a. The genre is listed twice. I like the Action / Adventure label directly under the title as it looks best here so it could be taken out of the line on the bottom of the screen.

b. Runtime isn’t anywhere on the screen in this view. It would be useful to have this information when scrolling left or right in this view and to match the rest of the app. It would go well on the bottom line of the screen in this format which is used elsewhere in the app:
Year • Runtime • Rating • MPAA rating --> 2019 • 2h 3min • 6.7 • PG-13

c. There is a bug in this Fanart plot view for both Movies and TV Shows whereby pressing the Menu or back button completely exits MrMC rather than the desired action of just going back a screen.

2. For TV Shows, in Fanart Plot view, the genre is missing. There is currently an empty space under the title so it could be put there just like it’s done in Movies as shown above.

3. On the TV fanart main page, it would be useful information to display the TV Show rating and MPAA rating following after the (139 episodes) in this example. Currently the user has to drill down all the way to the episodes to find this information. Having it on the top level on fanart TV Shows will give the user the information they need to make a well informed choice (and appropriate choice regarding kids) when first choosing a TV Show to watch.

4. For TV Shows, the MPAA rating is shown on the Fanart episode initial view but not on the one with the plot (accessed by pressing down). Can it be added here as well to go after the user rating?

It is also missing in the other views including the List view and Wide View.

MPAA rating is in Fanart view:

Add MPAA rating to Fanart plot view:

Add to Wide view as well:

Also add to List view:

5. To be consistent with our order on the other screens, could the order be fixed to show as Year • # of episodes • rating • MPAA rating. So in the example below it would be 1987 • 139 episodes • 8.9 • TV-PG

6. In the List view for movies, I think we should put the runtime in the line under the plot as well to read as Year • Runtime • Rating • MPAA rating • Genre. I realize runtime is also on the right in the list under the movie title but having it in the section under the plot as well will complete that section making it easier on the eyes as I find mine are darting back and forth from left to right for all the movie information as we are scrolling down through the list.

Climiu

Re: Compilation of Fix Suggestions

Post by Climiu »

@amet Just let me know if you need further details or clarification for these fixes
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Just busy with other stuff, should get to it this week
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

Sure no problem
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

Just checking in to see if you had a chance to look into these. :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Honestly, I started and got distracted... I will continue on it as soon as possible :)
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

Thanks, no problem at all. Sounds good