1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

App icon in TestFlight app

Google Play Store and App Store beta test feedback
Everbrave

App icon in TestFlight app

Post by Everbrave »

Since tvOS 13.4.5 update, the MrMC icon appears as plain white place holder under Apps tab in TestFlight app v.2.3.0.
Clicking on the place holder, shows the correct large MrMC icon.
Strangely enough, from four apps I am currently testing, only one icon appears and behaves correctly.
I have reported this behaviour to the other developers as well.
I have even reset my apple TV and installed everything fresh; still the same!
I wounder wether what the cause might be and whether others are experiencing the same too.
timstephens24

Re: App icon in TestFlight app

Post by timstephens24 »

It’s a TestFlight issue, but since people can still get apps to test I don’t think it’s big on Apple’s list of stuff to fix.
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I see issues with download/open button being weird on 4K screen, on my full HD screen it looks okay. nothing we can do from here, it seems to be an issue with TestFlight app.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

@timesteühens24 @amet
thanks for comforting me :)
My guess was that either the TestFlight app, last updated in Dec. 2019, needs an update with the new SDK or that they way the individual apps, e.g. MrMC, needs to upload the icon in a different way in tvOS 13.4.5.
Let's wait and see.

Thank you again
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

There is no icon upload, all is packaged in the app. If you look closely, it’s the same icon that’s used on the home screen for MrMC.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

amet wrote: 30 May 2020, 04:35 There is no icon upload, all is packaged in the app. If you look closely, it’s the same icon that’s used on the home screen for MrMC.
During the beta phase of 13.4.5, the icon behavior was normal, just after the GM release, a new beta for the app to be tested, turned the small icon white but not the larger. I assume that you didn’t change anything in the icon packaging or Xcode version, so, this would suggest the tvOS 13.4.5 GM/release has introduced the bug rather than the TestFlight app itself. Even stranger, however, is that one of the apps I am testing retained its normal icon behavior; I’m perplexed 🤔
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Why do you think it’s a tvOS issue ?

I’m still on tvOS 13.4 and with 13.4, in TestFlight app, Plex, Infuse and MrMC also have white icon placeholders.

iPlayTV and Emby have a normal icon appearance in TestFlight app.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Montoya wrote: 31 May 2020, 18:50 Why do you think it’s a tvOS issue ?

I’m still on tvOS 13.4 and with 13.4, in TestFlight app, Plex, Infuse and MrMC also have white icon placeholders.

as a matter of interest, when was the last testflight pushed for Emby? I wonder if its not the latest Xcode issue
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

amet wrote: 31 May 2020, 19:48
Montoya wrote: 31 May 2020, 18:50 Why do you think it’s a tvOS issue ?

as a matter of interest, when was the last testflight pushed for Emby? I wonder if its not the latest Xcode issue
May 29th :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I blame Apple :)

No idea, I see the issue here on TF app as well but everything is fine in Xcode and Apple store submission