1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Use the TvOS native search bar behavior

Development talk only
aaaMMMaaa

Use the TvOS native search bar behavior

Post by aaaMMMaaa »

Hi.
It has always annoyed me that Mrmc uses its own supbar search bar behavior, while not using the build in TvOS behavior.

With this I mean the default one, seen for example on Netflix and ALL other video apps, where if you lay your finger on the edge of the remote, it will show you to jump 10 seconds. Successive presses jumps faster.

The problem with mrmc is it not always recognize my effort to jump.
In Netflix I can see when I have the correct position on the remote. And can press when ready to jump in video.

I'm mrmc I need sometimes 3-4 tries before hitting the right spot on the remote.

And lastly after have been using mrmc, I often have to force close it to be able to use the search bar in Netflix and other video apps correctly. As if mrmc has a hook in the video player, that it not always releases.
Running MrMC (latest) on Atv4K-TvOS (latest)
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Use the TvOS native search bar behavior

Post by amet »

we dont use the tvOS native player interface, thats the reason why its not the same as "ALL" video player apps.
aaaMMMaaa

Post by aaaMMMaaa »

But is possible to change to the native player interface, as I believe it is superior in every way.
Or gixe the user the option select whatever he prefers?

Why reinvent the wheel, as the native interface is very good/best.

Or it cannot be done, but due to technical reasons?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

aaaMMMaaa wrote: 24 May 2020, 09:27 But is possible to change to the native player interface, as I believe it is superior in every way.
Or gixe the user the option select whatever he prefers?

Why reinvent the wheel, as the native interface is very good/best.

Or it cannot be done, but due to technical reasons?
its technical, how we play the video(or render it) and to keep it consistent on all platforms
aaaMMMaaa

Post by aaaMMMaaa »

I made everyone in my family and friends buy MrMc as it is a very good product for a very fair price.

And we all agree that the search bar is the biggest annoyance in the product.
If it could be changed, am sure many many people will be happy about it.
Also it would be perfect to follow the Apple design guidelines/consistency with the Apple TV video experience in general.

Thanks