1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Playback from MacMini (using sftp) works reliably on Android TV, but not on Apple TV

tvOS Video playback support subforum
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Playback from MacMini (using sftp) works reliably on Android TV, but not on Apple TV

Post by amet »

Try disabling the extension first and do the manual clean of the library, if it continues then remove/ reinstall.

No way to save/restore the configuration
sobarber

Re: Playback from MacMini (using sftp) works reliably on Android TV, but not on Apple TV

Post by sobarber »

Ok I have reinstalled and not added the library cleanup. More as it happens.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

there is no debug data in that log... you enabled debug logging and immediately uploaded the log, that means that there is no useful information in it. I still cant see that its frozen

enable debug logging as per debuglog instructions, and then when it freezes restart it and upload the debuglog.

is UPNP enabled on MrMC?
sobarber

Post by sobarber »

OK, thanks for clarifying. Please check log ORVGP.log

I just updated to the latest tvOS and now I can't see any of the files. It was kinda working before this.

Looks like it may be some kinda system problem. I will reboot again.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I can see you played "/Volumes/Extended FantomHD/TV/Star Trek - Voyager/" episodes, "/Volumes/Extended FantomHD/TV/The Prisoner (1967)/s1e15.m4v" and few others... and that it scanned few items in.

what we scan in highly depends on how sources are setup and the naming convention of them.

https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Naming_V ... nd_Artwork

Ideally your series are stored in separate folders(yours are, so its fine -> Star Trek - Voyager) but add the season subfolder and make sure that your source is set for "/Volumes/Extended FantomHD/TV" and that you didn't select "contains single TV show" if there are multiple shows under the source.

in below example, you set the source for /Volumes/Extended FantomHD/TV/ as "Tv Shows" and do not select "contains single TV show" ... that will treat subfolders as identifier for the TV Show.

Code: Select all

/Volumes/Extended FantomHD/TV/
              ----- Star Trek - Voyager
              ---------------------- Season 4
              ------------------------------s4e8.m4v
              -----The Prisoner (1967)
              ---------------------- Season 1
              ------------------------------s1e15.m4v
your setup with sources seems polluted and if you can afford to loose watched status, I would advise you setup fresh library by removing all video sources you have, name the folders/subfolders correctly and add new source in MrMC.

try using libdsm to connect to your mac vis SMB, its working fine for me here... set one as a test to see how it works. we have few fixes for libdsm in latest TestFlight , might be an option to try it?
sobarber

Post by sobarber »

I had another lock up : S08L5.log

I will setup the subdirectories (for different season) and remove and add the source again.

And, I can afford to lose the watched status, so that is not a problem.
sobarber

Post by sobarber »

Another log: VV41I.log

I did try SMB and NFS originally. I had varying degrees of success. However, sftp has been the most successful except for this lockup problem.

I can give SMB another shot if you wish on TestFlight. The Apple ID is [email protected].

I did go back to Android TV and things were still working fine there.