1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Playback from MacMini (using sftp) works reliably on Android TV, but not on Apple TV

tvOS Video playback support subforum
sobarber

Playback from MacMini (using sftp) works reliably on Android TV, but not on Apple TV

Post by sobarber »

I use a MacMini to serve up my video files to both Android TV MrMC and Apple TV MrMC. I get reliable support on Android TV, but I frequently get failure on the Apple TV. Rebooting the Apple TV fixes it for a while. Is there a way to fix this?
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Playback from MacMini (using sftp) works reliably on Android TV, but not on Apple TV

Post by amet »

Debuglog from Apple TV when it fails would be a good start please
sobarber

Re: Playback from MacMini (using sftp) works reliably on Android TV, but not on Apple TV

Post by sobarber »

Unfortunately, it is impossible to get the MrMC settings to get a log. The app displays the main screen and then locks up. Even the "ticker-tape" at the bottom of the main screen (which tells the latest news about MrMC) does not move.

After reboot (which is all I can do to get MrMC working I guess), then I get normal behavior.

Note that other apps on the box are working fine and I can start and stop them at will.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

You can still upload the debuglog after restart, we upload 2 logs, current and previous session
sobarber

Post by sobarber »

OK, I think one set has uploaded now.
sobarber

Post by sobarber »

File name is 4FAHX.log
sobarber

Post by sobarber »

Another is Z051D.log
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I dont see it crash anywhere, there are few times the app has gone into background but it all looks like a clean exit and re-entry.

one thing that I see in the log is that you have a double "//" in the path, it might be causing trouble ... might not, difficult to say.

Code: Select all

sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:22//Volumes/Extended FantomHD/
how often does the hang happen?
sobarber

Post by sobarber »

About once a week. It seems to depend on how much I am using MrMC. The more I use it, the more often I see it.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

can you try to capture the debuglog after it happens please, I am not seeing any errors in the attached :(