Jellyfin connection not showing library - 3.9-7

Google Play Store and App Store beta test feedback
dietcokke

Jellyfin connection not showing library - 3.9-7

Post by dietcokke »

Hardware: Apple TV
Version: 3.9-7
Log File: Z4QHM.log

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or my Jellyfin isn't set up correctly. When I use the Jellyfin local sign-in it authenticates with my Jellyfin server, but I can't find any of the video files within MrMC. Here's a snippet from my jellyfin showing the authentication happened:

I've tried selected another server within MrMC, but the only option I see is the MrMC server. When I go to Media Sources, the very last option is "Sign-out Jellyfin Server".

I also went ahead and tried the Emby connection, just for shits and giggles, but that also seems to do the same thing. It authenticates, but I can't see anything in the app.

I've spent a good number of hours trying to figure this out myself, trolling through the forums, reddit posts, etc. But, I figured at this point I should bring in the experts.

Any help that can be provided is much appreciated. I'd be perfectly ok admitting that I'm an idiot if this is a simple solution :D
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Jellyfin connection not showing library - 3.9-7

Post by amet »

Emby and Jellyfin connections are very similar at the moment, we have created the JF one to be able to tweak them independently.

As far as I have tested here and what JF team was testing, it’s all working fine for the most part, there were some issues with images but the functionality is there.

Emby login to JF server was always working and that should not have any issues.

I’ll go over the log later, but few things to remember... we only look for Movie, tvshow and music library... files, and all the other fancy bits are not included with MrMC integration.
dietcokke

Post by dietcokke »

Ohhh, do the libraries in Emby/Jellyfin need to have the specific name "Movie" and "tvshow"?

Maybe that's the problem then.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Not really, they just need to be setup as movie and tv show library... you can call them as you like.

Does force closing MrMC and running it again have any different results? Would be good to see that debuglog after you have restarted MrMC as there is nothing in the current one except that it successfully logged in
dietcokke

Post by dietcokke »

I have tried force closing it and reopening, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Once I'm back in my office I'll get a new log for you for a fresh launch.
dietcokke

Post by dietcokke »

Log File: 7UBWP.log

Alright. In MrMC, I signed-out of jellyfin, then re signed-in. I went to the server selection and still only see the MrMC server. I then force closed the app, re-opened. Checked the server listing again, and still only see MrMC. I then went into the Media Sources listing and checked videos, but only see the 'add' option. (From what I understand the Jellyfin libraries shouldn't show under 'Media Sources', but I checked anyways).

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to do to hopefully capture in the logs.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

What Jellyfin server version are you running? I don’t see anything in the log apart from you successfully logging in.

And no, Jellyfin library will not show in Media sources, you select JF server and it should show up on the home screen
dietcokke

Post by dietcokke »

I was on 10.5.2. I went ahead and updated to 10.5.5 but that doesn't seem to have helped.

This might be a dumb question since I don't know what the code looks like, but is the Jellyfin server expected to send some kind of data over to MrMC once you've successfully authenticated or does MrMC do a request for information of some kind? Whichever is it, is there a way to force the communication to happen?

I turned on event logging, but the only thing that seems to capture is MrMC starting and nothing else. I also, again, attempted the Emby sign-on but received the same results.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Yes, we login and get the token, using that token we get all library items and sort through them. If we find movie, tv show or music database we pull the info for it and show it.

That is not happening on your end for some reason.

What is the url of your server? Local or wan ? Did you install it in a path? I.e. 192.168.1.20/jellyfin? Or is it 192.168.1.20:8096?
dietcokke

Post by dietcokke »

I have it set up in a docker container on an ubuntu box I have running locally. It's set up behind a reverse proxy, but I've also exposed the ports to allow for local connections. If I browse to 'http://192.168.1.20:8096', (except the actual server address) I can hit the jellyfin web client. It's also not on a different subnet, but the same subnet as the Apple TV.

I also just noticed that component-specific logging was turned on, and it was only set to log verbose video logging, I went ahead and turned that off. I then re-signed in to jellyfin and restarted the app. The new log is FJQXI.log, hopefully that's caught more than just the sign-on now.