1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.9.7 for Google Play

Old TestFlight threads
cosmoxl

Re: Testing MrMC 3.9.7 for Google Play

Post by cosmoxl »

got another update today.

playing the dr. sleep test file now crashes the shield. I have to unplug the shield to recover.

Enabling voice channel boost still results in multi channel PCM and not AC3.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

cosmoxl wrote: 28 May 2020, 20:21 But, here's the boost voice channel setting on and audio component debugging on so that you can figure out why it's not transcoding to AC3. log is 6BQ4l (or is that an I ??)
Ah, there is no transcoding to AC3 because you specified you have multi-PCM by setting the number of channels > 2.
It makes no sense to encode to AC3 if you have multi-channel, because of the loss of quality due to encoding.
cosmoxl wrote: 28 May 2020, 20:21 I ran the playback on that dr. sleep video which is still very glitchy in and out (the video keeps flashing to black or something) the fist 1/3 of the video. No problems playing it in Plex.
I'll see with davilla where to get the sample, or you can push it to me. I'll send you the link by PM.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Thanks for the sample.
Does it also hiccup if you disable passthrough?

I neither have a DV display nor an EAC3/Atmos enabled receiver, just going blind, here ;)
It seems fine on fallback h265 and 5.1 PCM...
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

koying wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 15:51 Thanks for the sample.
Does it also hiccup if you disable passthrough?

I neither have a DV display nor an EAC3/Atmos enabled receiver, just going blind, here ;)
It seems fine on fallback h265 and 5.1 PCM...
Well, for some reason today it's not crashing the shield but it is still glitching in and out for the first 1/3 of the video.

Audio passthrough on or off makes no difference. log is RRHXL if you want to look again.

I then crippled output by sending it through my UDP-203 (simply disabling DoVi in the shield settings isn't enough, MrMC ignores that) so that DoVi wasn't possible. Dr. Sleep then plays as HDR and has no glitches at all. log is 9VM0Z It seems to be related to DoVi but other DoVi videos play just fine.

P.S. the file plays just fine in MrMC on apple tv 4k.
user9849

Post by user9849 »

cosmoxl wrote: 28 May 2020, 20:21 I ran the playback on that dr. sleep video which is still very glitchy in and out (the video keeps flashing to black or something) the fist 1/3 of the video. No problems playing it in Plex.
Yeah same :(
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

Hi on this beta when using Plex as service, TV shows season folders are empty with funny headline.
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

Anyone. The problem has been there on older versions but thought it was fixed.