1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Addic7ed as subtitle service?

Development talk only
Waltman

Addic7ed as subtitle service?

Post by Waltman »

Hi guys. The 2 included subtitle services are not really finding the subtitles I need for common tv-shows releases. Addic7ed however has all I need, but I use Kodi to get subtitles from this provider. I know you will only want to use an api, the website does not have. But is this below an option:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/addic7ed-api

I do not know if it works or how. But it would be nice not to use Kodi for subtitles only.
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Addic7ed as subtitle service?

Post by amet »

It’s not really an option for us until subtitle service allows us to use it,we are using podnapisi and opensubtitles service as that’s what we agreed with them and with their permission.

Getting any other subtitle service to allow us to use it would not be impossible, but would definitely require approval.

Kodi scrapes the website for links and since it’s an open source, community driven product , there is very little that can be done to stop them from doing that... we are a commercial product and breaking the rules could get us removed from Apple store and/or google play store if reported.

Services that want others to download without accessing the website have the API, others want visitors on the site to serve adds... it pays for the servers :)
Nehemoth

Re: Addic7ed as subtitle service?

Post by Nehemoth »

Thank you for the answer.

New MrMC user and I love subtitles.