1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby vision for Android

Any issues that are Android specific
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Dolby vision for Android

Post by koying »

Thanks.
Just run a "adb logcat > whatever.log" while trying to play the file and the shield crashes, then update whatever.log to, e.g, pastebin
JGrana01

Post by JGrana01 »

Ok, here is the logcat, in 3 chunks...

Part 1 https://pastebin.com/3ejvGsEK
Part 2 https://pastebin.com/WbXBt50z
Part 3 (last) https://pastebin.com/f4366LCM

Just edited this post... Part 3 was incorrect, it is now the correct 3rd part of the log.

Good luck, happy hunting!
Last edited by JGrana01 on 17 Nov 2019, 20:27, edited 2 times in total.
JGrana01

Post by JGrana01 »

cosmoxl wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 17:52 The problem is that device makers have to worry about two forms of Dolby Vision. The original, and then the sony (low latency) version. Getting everything bug free is apparently a difficult task. Then you have people complaining about their LG TVs not showing bt2020 along with DV ...but the truth is, it shouldn't. The original DV will not result in your TV saying bt2020 along with DV. But, the sony type DV will. So, they apparently are only accustomed to seeing sony DV. Thus, when the shield does original DV they think it's broken because they don't see bt2020. sigh
Ahh, yes, I agree the HDR (10, +, DV, HLG) in general growing pains have been... painful.
In another year or so it will all get ironed out - just in time for 8K and whatever new shiny things they will add to that ;-)
Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer »

JGrana01 wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 20:18
cosmoxl wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 17:52 The problem is that device makers have to worry about two forms of Dolby Vision. The original, and then the sony (low latency) version. Getting everything bug free is apparently a difficult task. Then you have people complaining about their LG TVs not showing bt2020 along with DV ...but the truth is, it shouldn't. The original DV will not result in your TV saying bt2020 along with DV. But, the sony type DV will. So, they apparently are only accustomed to seeing sony DV. Thus, when the shield does original DV they think it's broken because they don't see bt2020. sigh
Ahh, yes, I agree the HDR (10, +, DV, HLG) in general growing pains have been... painful.
In another year or so it will all get ironed out - just in time for 8K and whatever new shiny things they will add to that ;-)
Ha, yup, and then we get to start all over again :?
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

JGrana01 wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 20:15 Good luck, happy hunting!
Thanks, interesting.
Shield is indeed crashing badly on the firmware side.

Not sure I'll be able to do something on my side, but maybe nvidia's engineers might find out what's going havoc.
JGrana01

Post by JGrana01 »

At least it is easily reproducible.

Will you forward this to NVidia? If you want, I have a technical contact (Manuel Guzman) that is pretty responsive. I can send him this thread.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

JGrana01 wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 13:16 If you want, I have a technical contact (Manuel Guzman) that is pretty responsive. I can send him this thread.
Sure. The logcat would probably help them a lot.
JGrana01

Post by JGrana01 »

Ok, I just sent part of the post (my 3 test cases) and the logcats to Manuel.
I will let you know if/when he responds.

Thanks!
nvtester101

Post by nvtester101 »

koying wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 10:10 I've uploaded a new beta. Please test and report.
Thx
Where can I download this beta APK?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

nvtester101 wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 23:25
koying wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 10:10 I've uploaded a new beta. Please test and report.
Thx
Where can I download this beta APK?
There is no APK to download, it’s done through Beta program via Google or Amazon