1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

how do you use Trakt.tv?

Public Announcements and News subforum
amet
Team MrMC

how do you use Trakt.tv?

Post by amet »

Hey All,

we are in the last phase of 2.0.0 testing and its time to start looking into future versions, one thing that was requested more than anything else was trakt.tv integration.

so far, we are settled on adding a function to scrobble movies/tv show , but we are a bit wary of other functions like syncing the libraries and others... I am also worried that adding any "call back" function(if any) might not be something that apple would agree with.

could some of you that use this function explain what exactly do you use it for and what you would expect to see added.

looking forward to ideas :)

Cheers,
amet
bagges

Re: how do you use Trakt.tv?

Post by bagges »

I have different platforms to run my files from. Using both kodi mrmc and plex.

They all run on the same file folders.
So I use it for syncing between the two platforms. So when I see something on mrmc it should be synced to plex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I'm a big trakt fan. It basically removes the need for MySQL, and keeps multiple different apps in sync. Basically what I'd like is:

1. Scrobbling to keep location in sync across devices and platforms.
2. Watched status to keep in sync across devices and platforms.
3. Adding new media to trakt.

It also helps because if I watch something Live, I can just mark it as watched on Trakt and then magic, it's marked everywhere else.
MortUK

Post by MortUK »

This is probably the only thing that stopped me using MrMC as my main media app/player...

I use it to sync my watch episodes across multiple devices...So i need it to,

1, Tell Trak.tv when I have watched something
2, Pull my watched episodes from Trak.tv
3, The progress for each episode is important too.. I often stop something half way through then either watch it later or on a different device.

Mort..
Gefahrensucher

Post by Gefahrensucher »

tbh, the missing trakt-feature is the only reason, why I did not buy an Apple TV by now. Would love to, but without Kodi it is missing the one feature I would really miss. And Kodi without trakt would be no Kodi for me :(

I am using one Fire TV and four Fire TV Sticks , all using Kodi side loaded and trait plugin installed.
All of them are using the same Database on my Synology-NAS, where also my video files are located.

Every start of Kodi means a search for new video files in the registered paths on my NAS and after that a sync with my trakt account to make sure, all tv shows and films are right marked as seen / unseen.
Without this feature my wife would kick me out of the house :lol:

Would love to switch to Apple TV in my living room, so I only registered here to write about the trakt question :)

Best regards
Maik
ElBalsero

Post by ElBalsero »

Hi,
I use it above all to keep my devices synced.
The progress tracking I also use it but it's for me secondary and could live without it of really needed.
Regards.
ameibein

Post by ameibein »

I just use it to vote, will this be apart of the intergration?
ameibein

Post by ameibein »

Gefahrensucher wrote:tbh, the missing trakt-feature is the only reason, why I did not buy an Apple TV by now. Would love to, but without Kodi it is missing the one feature I would really miss. And Kodi without trakt would be no Kodi for me :(

I am using one Fire TV and four Fire TV Sticks , all using Kodi side loaded and trait plugin installed.
All of them are using the same Database on my Synology-NAS, where also my video files are located.

Every start of Kodi means a search for new video files in the registered paths on my NAS and after that a sync with my trakt account to make sure, all tv shows and films are right marked as seen / unseen.
Without this feature my wife would kick me out of the house :lol:

Would love to switch to Apple TV in my living room, so I only registered here to write about the trakt question :)

Best regards
Maik
You know MrMC supports database sharing right?
Gefahrensucher

Post by Gefahrensucher »

Yeah, I am using only one Database for my Kodi-Devices at home... But I (and my wife) am using Kodi also, when I am in the train, on vacation,... And if I am watching a show on TV and not via Kodi, I can use Apps like checktrakt to mark the shows watched.
And what happens, if I want to switch to another system? I think trakt can be the one tool, to make switching that easy.
That's why I like the trakt-system that much.
bagges

how do you use Trakt.tv?

Post by bagges »

Any news on when this will be implemented?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk