1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Emby friendly Skin

Any skin specific issues
Everbrave

Emby friendly Skin

Post by Everbrave »

Emby users, like me, are envying Plex users on the Plex extension because not only it provides a connection to Plex data-base but also offers a "nice" UI.
Emby friendly skins on Kodi are Embuary and Titan. We have been told that Embuary is not an option for MrMC because of the different build environment.
What about Titan? It dates back to Kodi 15.x and is probably compatible with MrMC build environment.

In my opinion, MrMC is an excellent Player in need of an excellent Skin, which is not here yet; there has been good efforts to do so but still, MrMC skin is its "Achille's heel".

Please give us Titan or an "Embuary-like" skin.
Montoya

Re: Emby friendly Skin

Post by Montoya »

I would rather see that they first fix all the bugs with current skins for the Emby Client Service and the crippled Emby Client Service ITSELF.

Now we have TWO borked MrMC releases on TWO platforms, with a borked Emby Client Service.
Last edited by Montoya on 29 Aug 2019, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Montoya wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 12:15 I would rather see that they first fix all the bugs with current skins for the Emby Client Service and the crippled Emby Client Service ITSELF.
Yes, but if MrMC were a car, the skin and UI are the doors steering while the client services are the suspension and they are no replacement for each other; it needs both, but this is the Skin section ;)
In fact, I have downloaded Kodi (with EmbyCon) as an Emby client just to have the Embuary skin; which doesn't make sense, since MrMC is really an excellent player.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 12:33 In fact, I have downloaded Kodi (with EmbyCon) as an Emby client just to have the Embuary skin; which doesn't make sense, since MrMC is really an excellent player.
I'm still on Emby Server 4.2.0.1 (instead of latest stable 4.2.1.0 or 4.3.0.6 beta) combined with MrMC 3.8.1 and that combination functions normally with the MrMC settings and Skins I use, in contrary to the borked Emby Client Service in MrMC latest iOS 3.9.0 and tvOS 3.9.1 releases, .
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Montoya wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 12:42
Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 12:33 In fact, I have downloaded Kodi (with EmbyCon) as an Emby client just to have the Embuary skin; which doesn't make sense, since MrMC is really an excellent player.
I'm still on Emby Server 4.2.0.1 (instead of latest stable 4.2.1.0 or 4.3.0.6 beta) combined with MrMC 3.8.1 and that combination functions normally with the MrMC settings and Skins I use, in contrary to the borked Emby Client Service in MrMC latest iOS 3.9.0 and tvOS 3.9.1 releases, .
I appreciate your response, but this is not the right forum section for issues with Services; it is about Skins.
If I were you, I would post in ATV Support section where the subject will get more attention.

An, out of topic, response to your issue, since it is an "interface Protocol" issue, I would always go with the latest stable version of both sides (Server and client) and address the developers of both sides as well; one side alone is not enough when it is about an interface (protocol).
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 13:38 but this is not the right forum section for issues with Services; it is about Skins.
I don't agree, because some Emby Client Service items are working in Skin A, while it is NOT working in Skin B and that's why I commented first about fixing issues first with current Skins, before introducing new Skins.

Do your testing right, before commenting about this issue, instead of ONLY using your own use case scenario....
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Montoya wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 13:57
Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 13:38 but this is not the right forum section for issues with Services; it is about Skins.
Do your testing right, before commenting about this issue, instead of ONLY using your own use case scenario....
First of all, you are not going to tell me what to do; you may ask me using the word "Please". Harsh phrasing does not help the conversation!
Secondly, of course I can only test my own case scenario and will not install your case (Server and client) scenario, it is up to you to do so; that is normal.
Thirdly, you are commenting in my thread not the opposite; you are free to post your own thread, e.g. "Emby issues with current skins" or similarly as you please.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 14:16 First of all, you are not going to tell me what to do; you may ask me using the word "Please". Harsh phrasing does not help the conversation!
I'm not telling you what to do NOW, but just commenting on how you contributed in previous MrMC TestFlights in the past.
Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 14:16 Secondly, of course I can only test my own case scenario and will not install your case (Server and client) scenario, it is up to you to do so; that is normal.
Again, I'm not asking you to test my Server and Client scenario, but the past has proven that you didn't even care to test reported COMMON Emby bugs of other users, which affected ALL Emby Client Service users.
Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 14:16 Thirdly, you are commenting in my thread not the opposite; you are free to post your own thread, e.g. "Emby issues with current skins" or similarly as you please.
I'm free to post in whatever thread I want.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

@Montoya
I am not going to get into argumentation with you here, let alone defending myself against accusation spread over the whole forum ("how you contributed in previous MrMC TestFlights in the past" ... seriously?).
Since I find your way of communication repulsive, for not to say aggressive, I will avoid commenting on your posts in the future, sorry!
Case closed for me!
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 17:16 I am not going to get into argumentation with you here, let alone defending myself against accusation spread over the whole forum ("how you contributed in previous MrMC TestFlights in the past" ... seriously?).
If you want, I can give you some examples from the past, were you happily reported in TestFlight that all is good to go, while it wasn't, with the Emby Client Service, for common Emby issues that only should have taken some minutes to test.
Everbrave wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 17:16 Since I find your way of communication repulsive, for not to say aggressive, I will avoid commenting on your posts in the future, sorry!
Case closed for me!
Just stating facts that are nothing more than the whole truth ;)
If I was telling lies, than you would be right.