1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

NextPVR addon update?

Any issues that relate to Addons
three6zerocool

NextPVR addon update?

Post by three6zerocool »

Hello. Recently been testing MrMC's NextPVR addon with NextPVR backend.
(Using AppleTV4k and NVidia Shield) (TestFlight builds and Android beta builds)

After chatting with NextPVR developers, they tell me that MrMC is using a version of the NextPVR addon that contains a bug that affects time shifting, and as a result causes Tuners to disappear from the backend.

Basically means no time shift can be used for live tv in MrMC if one wishes to avoid what they call 'the time shift bug'.

Kodi itself is currently using 3.3.15 on the client addon, (and does not exhibit this bug) but am unsure of how that relates to MrMC version number of the PVR addon of NextPVR.

Any possibility of upgrading the NextPVR addon for both AppleTV and Android please?
Thank you for your time and effort.
three6zerocool

Re: NextPVR addon update?

Post by three6zerocool »

Bump:

Hi, no comments on my enquiry?

Only reason I asked, is that the description of pvr addon, kinda implies the ability to pause live TV, something that is currently broken using this particular pvr addon in Mrmc for NextPVR blackened.

Is kinda depressing when my little Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec can utilise timeshift, but my AppleTV4k running my favourite software 'MrMC' can not currently. (live TV only) using NextPVR 4.x backend.

Have posted in a couple of forums including Testflight, but this is the most appropriate area for my question.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Updating the binary pvr extensions is on the list. It's rather complicated as we have to also update core to handle the changes to support them.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Any update on this? I've moved to nextpvr since tv-mosaic is gone and see that the add-on is very old.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

we would have to see what's possible with the PVR manager we have(Kodi 16 compatible), moving to the latest PVR manager would involve too many changes in Settings, Audio(not ask) and Video rendering which would in turn mean we loose all the good stuff we have done with our player engine.

what are the changes you are seeing in newer addon vs the old one? or is it the bug mentioned earlier?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 06:30 we would have to see what's possible with the PVR manager we have(Kodi 16 compatible), moving to the latest PVR manager would involve too many changes in Settings, Audio(not ask) and Video rendering which would in turn mean we loose all the good stuff we have done with our player engine.

what are the changes you are seeing in newer addon vs the old one? or is it the bug mentioned earlier?
Mainly the problem mentioned above - no ability to pause, go back, forward during live tv using the timeshift capability.

No worries, I have other ways to watch.