1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Can't access from ATV 4K  [SOLVED]

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
LastStarfighter

Can't access from ATV 4K

Post by LastStarfighter »

Hi

Long story short had to restore my NAS post a new router and start from scratch.

Replicating my old setup, grabbed form memory, I created a user via phpMyAdmin on my NAS. Through my PC using kodi 17.x I can link to my video files on the NAS and use MySQL with no problems.

On my ATV 4K I had to delete the MrMC app as it was stuck on migrating databases, I suspected from the change in IP of my NAS. Reinstalled the app and proceeded to add the settings for MySQL, on enabling the setting it just gets stuck on a loading screen.

I've gone through the MySQL MrMC wiki and saw the reference to triggers. Not sure what was meant by that, so I tried granting SUPER on the mrmc user in phpMyAdmin mySQL, allowing 'yes' for grant. a whole bunch of things.

I'm stumped as it all used to work before and Kodi 17.x on my PC connects fine and has created and in turn is updating the db. I suspect my memory of the steps I used a few years ago isn't great and I've missed something.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

I've included the link to the debug log below.

https://pastebin.com/UidbxN3P

Cheers
LS
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Can't access from ATV 4K  [SOLVED]

Post by amet »

19:46:08.058 T:6177992704 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos107 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.5' (4))

It can’t connect to the database...

Make sure you allow any IP address to connect, or if you are being cautious allow only Apple TV IP address

Did you miss below command maybe?

Type in: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'mrmc'; and press return
LastStarfighter

Re: Can't access from ATV 4K

Post by LastStarfighter »

Thanks for replying amet.

In the end you pointed me to look at the firewall on my new router. Apparently there is an issue with the new routers my ISP has been sending out. Just had to turn the firewall on and off and all is good now.

Cheers
LS