1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.9.0 for Google Play

Old TestFlight threads
Ghostm

Re: Testing MrMC 3.9.0 for Google Play

Post by Ghostm »

https://paste2.org/Ufn8NF2M

Log for vc-1 brightness and washed out picture when 16-235 is used in the gui. I was hoping nvidia would have fixed some of these issues they introduced with last weeks shield update, including breaking vc-1 hardware acceleration but they have not yet.
supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 »

Hello,

For the Shield users who did the last upgrade, it's hard to do some feedback on the beta version.
There's a lot of problems due to this upgrade (HDMI lost, Audio Passthrough, Network, Color space switch, VC-1....).
2 changes in the same time, it's not good to do some bug reporting :oops:

What i can say that since my last post here, i don't have any crash during the library update.
MrMC works.
With the Shield audio issue, i had to remove the audio passthrough option in MrMc.
Fehritale

Post by Fehritale »

I did the last upgrade to Android 9, but I don't have any problems at all (till now, fingers crossed).

MrMC 3.9.0 beta is working fine and I didn't find any bugs.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

supertoto1977 wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 06:28 For the Shield users who did the last upgrade, it's hard to do some feedback on the beta version.
There's a lot of problems due to this upgrade (HDMI lost, Audio Passthrough, Network, Color space switch, VC-1....).
2 changes in the same time, it's not good to do some bug reporting :oops:
Our thoughts, exactly ;)
That's why we have decided to delay the 3.9 release for Android, time for 8.0.0 to settle a little bit.
If we don't and release to the masses, it would be very hard for us to split the issues between what is firmware and what is MrMC...

I wish NVidia had been as wise and not release a less-than-stellar 8.0.0 AND a less-than-stellar forum upgrade at the same time :)

EDIT: In the meantime, I've pushed RC1
RoosterX

Post by RoosterX »

Anyone more than me having issues on this beta on my Shield TV, both on 7.2.3 and latest 8.x that on first startup of MrMc you can't control the ui, before you exit out of MrMc then restarting it?
TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Not sure if anything has been tweaked recently or it's due to the new android update but the "advanced timing" function is working now on my setup with no frame skips. I'll have to watch more content to confirm. I was watching a remux of thor ragnarok 4K and I was having some audio sync issues. Turned advanced timing on and everything seems to be spot on. I've just tried selecting IEC packed audio and that is now playing my truehd/atmos audio where previously there was no audio at all. I noticed the cache clearing upon opening mrmc so I assume this is the latest RC.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

TheDarkKnight wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:50 Not sure if anything has been tweaked recently or it's due to the new android update but the "advanced timing" function is working now on my setup with no frame skips. I'll have to watch more content to confirm. I was watching a remux of thor ragnarok 4K and I was having some audio sync issues. Turned advanced timing on and everything seems to be spot on. I've just tried selecting IEC packed audio and that is now playing my truehd/atmos audio where previously there was no audio at all. I noticed the cache clearing upon opening mrmc so I assume this is the latest RC.
I think the android Pie update actually helped video playback with advanced timing.
TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Scratch that, advanced timing only seems to work for my 4K remuxes. 1080p sources still stutter throughout.
Rootax

Post by Rootax »

cosmoxl wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 20:45
TheDarkKnight wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:50 Not sure if anything has been tweaked recently or it's due to the new android update but the "advanced timing" function is working now on my setup with no frame skips. I'll have to watch more content to confirm. I was watching a remux of thor ragnarok 4K and I was having some audio sync issues. Turned advanced timing on and everything seems to be spot on. I've just tried selecting IEC packed audio and that is now playing my truehd/atmos audio where previously there was no audio at all. I noticed the cache clearing upon opening mrmc so I assume this is the latest RC.
I think the android Pie update actually helped video playback with advanced timing.
No dice here. Since 3.8, audio is slighty out of sync with hd audio for me (passthrough), like 0.5-1sec late. 3.9 beta didn't change that, advanced timing on/off either... it's ok with kodi (18.3 and 19 alphas) and plex.
Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer »

If I leave audio IEC packed off then sync is fine. How is yours set?