1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMc and Shield with Dolby Digital Plus

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
klouny

MrMc and Shield with Dolby Digital Plus

Post by klouny » 27 Jun 2019, 18:39

Does anybody else have any issues playing videos with Dolby Digital Plus audio? Not commercial videos like those on Amazon or Netflix but private rips of videos that use Dolby Media Encoder to encode Dolby Digital Plus audio. I have my own rips with audio made with the Dolby Media Encoder application to Dolby Digital Plus audio, and whenever I try to play these videos with MrMc, MrMc just crashes so the video won't play. The video will work in the official Plex app and the audio passes through correctly. I have MrMc setup correctly to passthrough audio, including DD+ because my receiver supports it, but it does not work. Netflix and Amazon downloaded videos with DD+ work perfectly. To confuse matters even more, video with DD+ with 7.1 channels work just fine, with 5.1 and fewer channels causes the app crash. So this just doesn't make sense. I will be happy to provide a sample video to see if anybody can reproduce this error. Again, this is only with videos that contain audio created with the Dolby Media Encoder app. Any insight would be appreciated!

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MrMc and Shield with Dolby Digital Plus

Post by davilla » 27 Jun 2019, 18:43

klouny wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 18:39
Does anybody else have any issues playing videos with Dolby Digital Plus audio? Not commercial videos like those on Amazon or Netflix but private rips of videos that use Dolby Media Encoder to encode Dolby Digital Plus audio. I have my own rips with audio made with the Dolby Media Encoder application to Dolby Digital Plus audio, and whenever I try to play these videos with MrMc, MrMc just crashes so the video won't play. The video will work in the official Plex app and the audio passes through correctly. I have MrMc setup correctly to passthrough audio, including DD+ because my receiver supports it, but it does not work. Netflix and Amazon downloaded videos with DD+ work perfectly. To confuse matters even more, video with DD+ with 7.1 channels work just fine, with 5.1 and fewer channels causes the app crash. So this just doesn't make sense. I will be happy to provide a sample video to see if anybody can reproduce this error. Again, this is only with videos that contain audio created with the Dolby Media Encoder app. Any insight would be appreciated!
sample please.

klouny

Re: MrMc and Shield with Dolby Digital Plus

Post by klouny » 27 Jun 2019, 20:44