1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Feature Request - Vertical Shift

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
jcwillia1

Feature Request - Vertical Shift

Post by jcwillia1 »

I know about 100 people raced into this thread to say "MrMC already HAS Vertical Shift!!!"

but hear me out...

I use Vertical Shift to push the movie image to the top of my 16:9 frame. For all my disc rips a value of about -0.82 works perfectly. For movies obtained from other places (for example, Star Wars fan edits (the new versions of those movies annoy me) or YouTube downloads), that vertical shift doesn't work quite the same way.

The feature request then is to always put the first non-black or blank line at the top of the frame.

I'm sure that requires a bit of fuzzy logic to figure out what is that first non-black line and then also what do you do with Transformers The Last Knight that changes aspect ratio every 30 seconds (seriously...) but for now, let's walk before we run - is there a way to have all 2.39:1 movies shifted in the manner described?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Feature Request - Vertical Shift

Post by davilla »

jcwillia1 wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 10:44 I know about 100 people raced into this thread to say "MrMC already HAS Vertical Shift!!!"

but hear me out...

I use Vertical Shift to push the movie image to the top of my 16:9 frame. For all my disc rips a value of about -0.82 works perfectly. For movies obtained from other places (for example, Star Wars fan edits (the new versions of those movies annoy me) or YouTube downloads), that vertical shift doesn't work quite the same way.

The feature request then is to always put the first non-black or blank line at the top of the frame.

I'm sure that requires a bit of fuzzy logic to figure out what is that first non-black line and then also what do you do with Transformers The Last Knight that changes aspect ratio every 30 seconds (seriously...) but for now, let's walk before we run - is there a way to have all 2.39:1 movies shifted in the manner described?
Not really, calibration is an applies to all, sort of thing. Not dynamic.

You're really asking for a new feature, dynamically offset first non-black line to top. This requires looking at each video frame, finding the first non-black line, then shifting up. Then traps for all black frame and other goofy things. Possible could look at video ratio but that lies sometimes. So, not straight forward to implement.