MRMc skin missing on new build

Any skin specific issues
timstephens24

Re: MRMc skin missing on new build

Post by timstephens24 »

I think you shouldn't get used to the Amber skin either...
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

timstephens24 wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 18:38 I think you shouldn't get used to the Amber skin either...
Indeed and don't let the Snow Fall in Amber Skin, cause you will regret it, ....if you don't have Multiple MrMC profiles :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4839

In that topic you will find this DEV post, so expect Amber to be End of Life in the near future too:
amet wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 03:55 Don’t get too attached to this skin... :)
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
ravo666

Post by ravo666 »

Please bring back the original Kodi skin your removed in the last version.

Thanks for a great app, I recommend it everyone I know!
mats_o

Post by mats_o »

Another Vote for restoring the functions we where using.

Since I have grown used to MRMC team destroying things I haven't updadet so far and I won't do it in the future either.
Actually I do regret that I payed for MRMC
msyeed

Post by msyeed »

One more vote for restoring/upgrading Confluence. And of course the one skin that came second closest to meeting my needs was Amber.

If the default skin had an option to have center button bring up a full Confluence-style OSD or at least a full controls grid directly rather than a top-of-screen Apple TV style A/V selection menu, that would help. And by full controls grid, I mean every OSD button and all major remote buttons represented, especially the "disc menu" button. (I have a lot of DVD ISOs.)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

msyeed wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 07:44 One more vote for restoring/upgrading Confluence. And of course the one skin that came second closest to meeting my needs was Amber.

If the default skin had an option to have center button bring up a full Confluence-style OSD or at least a full controls grid directly rather than a top-of-screen Apple TV style A/V selection menu, that would help. And by full controls grid, I mean every OSD button and all major remote buttons represented, especially the "disc menu" button. (I have a lot of DVD ISOs.)
Confluence based skin will not be coming back

as for full OSD, you can go to Settings -> System -> Input Devices and enable "Siri Expert Mode"

https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Si ... ive%20Mode
msyeed

Post by msyeed »

amet wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 08:09 Confluence based skin will not be coming back

as for full OSD, you can go to Settings -> System -> Input Devices and enable "Siri Expert Mode"

https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Si ... ive%20Mode
Enabling Siri mode works great in Ariana, but Ariana still has no "disc menu" button (or, less critically, a bookmarks button). Completing that bottom-of-screen portion of the OSD would be the ideal solution.

The bottom-of-screen OSD in Opacity already has all the necessary buttons, but Siri mode seems to make no difference in how to call it up. Center click brings up the top-of-screen ATV-style OSD, but the bottom of screen is only the video progress bar. Sometimes (apparently inconsistently) backing out of the OSD brings up the controls.

Any solution to either problem on the horizon?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

msyeed wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 07:10 ....

Any solution to either problem on the horizon?
Ariana disc button has been fixed for upcoming 3.8.1, we can look into getting bookmarks in as well
msyeed

Post by msyeed »

amet wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 08:02 Ariana disc button has been fixed for upcoming 3.8.1, we can look into getting bookmarks in as well
Sold! Eagerly awaiting.
RupeThereItis

Post by RupeThereItis »

This update was a real shock to the system :shock: , suddenly I don't know how to use one of my main media center apps.

Can we get some insight into WHY MrMC (confluence) was "holding back" development?

I gotta say, the existing skin options are really terrible, I don't want to have to resort to sideloading Kodi again but this may drive me to that.