1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Plex extension on 3.7.0 issue with playback

Any issues that are Plex Addon related
Endosmok

Plex extension on 3.7.0 issue with playback

Post by Endosmok »

Fire TV 2 (4k) non HDR.
I only run the Plex extension, so I don't know if it's the extension or something else.

Anyways, I guess the app updated itself recently... and my movies aren't playing like before.
Probably normal but after the update, MrMC stated that it is running the configuration for the first time etc... I was like.. ug.. my settings are gone. I had to re-install the Plex extension as it was missing. But when going through to setup all my settings again it looked like everything was still the same from before. So I thought it was good.

I start the plex extension, pick a movie and it runs fine for about 1 minute. After that first minute, the picture gets clicky (like slow-motion) and the audio is completely off or appears to be since the video is slow motion. This happens with every movie... first minute or so works fine then the issues I've stated above start occurring.

Sounds like an easy fix on a setting that could be causing this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated for this novice.

Thanks
samplex

Re: Plex extension on 3.7.0 issue with playback

Post by samplex »

I have the exact same issues, i only use Plex.

The Plex extension was disabled.
Playing a serie/movie takes very long to start and then is choppy.
Also i get no audio when resuming a movie/serie.

Since v3.7.0 Mr MC is not usable anymore for me with Plex. :(
Endosmok

Post by Endosmok »

So I tinkered around with it a little more. Started from scratch. Here's what I conclude. Hardware acceleration on 3.7.0 is broken on Fire TV (at least my version of Fire TV).

If I select only Surface, it works good for a minute or two then goes on it's slow motion out of sync audio.
If I select the other one, it works a better but video is clicky, audio is in sync.
If I de-select all hardware acceleration, it works good enough. Though I haven't tested any 4k videos yet.

Not sure what to do here. The last version of SPMC I still have installed on my FTV works fine, so I may just switch back to that unless I can downgrade MrMC 3.7 to the previous version.

Unless I am doing something wrong on my end... not sure how it broke upgrade but i suppose it can.

Anything else i should be trying to figure out why hardware acceleration is failing?
Endosmok

Post by Endosmok »

Looks like they are aware of this according to a thread in the firetv forum... not specific to the plex addon. no need to add to this thread.... I should have expanded my initial search.
samplex

Post by samplex »

I'm not using a FireTV but Apple TV 4k and also the same issues
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

samplex wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 15:35 I'm not using a FireTV but Apple TV 4k and also the same issues
No issues here or in TestFlight with any plex playback on Apple TV ... any chance you can try MrMC plex integration instead of the addon just to see if it’s any better.

Is it every movie or only some? Maybe debuglog has some info in it