1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.5.1

Old TestFlight threads
timstephens24

Re: Testing MrMC 3.5.1

Post by timstephens24 »

davilla wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 18:49 This TestFlight series is now closed :) 3.6.0 (3.5.1 testflight) is brewing in the various App Stores.
The Plex addon on the iPad still has the same issues I brought up earlier.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 19:18
davilla wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 18:49 This TestFlight series is now closed :) 3.6.0 (3.5.1 testflight) is brewing in the various App Stores.
There, saved for next time :) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3988
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

timstephens24 wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 19:18
Yes :)
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

cosmoxl wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 18:54
Everbrave wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 18:15
davilla wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 17:24 Plex Addon has no clue about top shelf, in fact it does not even know it's running on tvOS. The point of this testflight series was to bring back python and the Plex addon seemed like the perfect candidate for testing python.

We did some minor tweaks, nothing major as that would delay release 2-6 weeks. I just don't see that it's worth delaying the release to get it 'perfect' for tvOS. As long time users will attest, when we do something, it's not just a one time thing. We generally listen to our users and make changes, even major changes over time. Plex addon is no exception.
To tell the truth, you brought a great change in a record time! The usability of MrMC increased for me by an order of magnitude. I’m personally, really, very impressed. What we have at hand within one TestFlight is a solid player with one of, if not the, best UI in the market. I’m more than happy 😊
Thanks a lot
Sorry, did usability increase, or did it just get prettier? I think any impartial judge shown the two video control interfaces would say that of the plex add-on is worthy of jailtime.
So, it’s jail time then 😄
Beauty and functionality are not mutually exclusive; Plex UI is both. The layout is very well organized and you can quickly, almost anywhere, from the home page. Playback control is also excellent, etc. but this is not the thread to discuss all the features.
FranknStein7

Post by FranknStein7 »

So is HDR detection supposed to be fixed in the latest testflight? I'm still having issues where it doesn't detect HDR most of the time.

Edit: Actually I realized something interesting. The files that are failing HDR detection are my MKVs that are ripped from Dolby Vision UHD titles. I realized DV is not supported in an MKV container, but I've been in the habit ripping the 1080p 'DV' track that is contained in these rips to the MKV with mkvtoolnix. This seems to be confusing MrMC.
Last edited by FranknStein7 on 28 Mar 2018, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Everbrave wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 19:52
cosmoxl wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 18:54
Everbrave wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 18:15

To tell the truth, you brought a great change in a record time! The usability of MrMC increased for me by an order of magnitude. I’m personally, really, very impressed. What we have at hand within one TestFlight is a solid player with one of, if not the, best UI in the market. I’m more than happy 😊
Thanks a lot
Sorry, did usability increase, or did it just get prettier? I think any impartial judge shown the two video control interfaces would say that of the plex add-on is worthy of jailtime.
So, it’s jail time then 😄
Beauty and functionality are not mutually exclusive; Plex UI is both. The layout is very well organized and you can quickly, almost anywhere, from the home page. Playback control is also excellent, etc. but this is not the thread to discuss all the features.
:shock: Yeah, playback control is what I'm on about. Excellent you say? It makes me want to scream. How can you live without the scrubbing thumbnail of MrMC? There so little control available in plex add-on. To do the same thing as in MrMC takes probably 3 times as long.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

cosmoxl wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 19:59 :shock: Yeah, playback control is what I'm on about. Excellent you say? It makes me want to scream. How can you live without the scrubbing thumbnail of MrMC? There so little control available in plex add-on. To do the same thing as in MrMC takes probably 3 times as long.
I hardly use anything but play/pause, so it doesn't bother me too much. Other than that I occassionally jump back 10 seconds, or skip chapters, and it's not too bad with that stuff. I can live with it... for now. :D
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

cosmoxl wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 19:59

:shock: Yeah, playback control is what I'm on about. Excellent you say? It makes me want to scream. How can you live without the scrubbing thumbnail of MrMC? There so little control available in plex add-on. To do the same thing as in MrMC takes probably 3 times as long.
I’m glad MrMC offers something for everybody 😊
zeroq26

Post by zeroq26 »

I was just testing 1080p 12bit bluray and there is no picture only black screen, only sound and subtitle playing. Can you please fix it in next release.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

zeroq26 wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 22:51 I was just testing 1080p 12bit bluray and there is no picture only black screen, only sound and subtitle playing. Can you please fix it in next release.
You should probably make a new thread for that. Also post a debuglog and the mediainfo (and most likely send a sample to [email protected]). I also don't know of any 12bit 1080p movies...