1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2.5% black.....now 4.1%

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Everbrave

Re: Missing Shadow Detail, nothing below 2.5% black

Post by Everbrave »

cosmoxl wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 01:46 Plex testflight for tvOS now has HDR support using its new video player.

I'm curious if it has the problems discussed in this thread.
Plex player tvOS 13 beta, supports HDR also with the native player.
box4mm

Post by box4mm »

Everbrave wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 18:51 Plex player tvOS 13 beta, supports HDR also with the native player.
The usual plex behavior, transcode mkv so its unplayable or more like mrmc behavior?
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

box4mm wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 07:39
Everbrave wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 18:51 Plex player tvOS 13 beta, supports HDR also with the native player.
The usual plex behavior, transcode mkv so its unplayable or more like mrmc behavior?
I don’t understand what you mean by the usual Plex or MrMC behavior, but the Plex player on ATV using the native tvOS player, can direct stream (not direct play) 4K, HEVC, HDR, mkv media; probably converting the mkv container on the fly, hence the direct stream. The cpu load is very low.
Once it needs to transcode, e.g. because of subtitles, HDR is no longer available, only SDR.
I hope this answers your question.
box4mm

Post by box4mm »

Everbrave wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 11:15 I don’t understand what you mean by the usual Plex or MrMC behavior, but the Plex player on ATV using the native tvOS player, can direct stream (not direct play) 4K, HEVC, HDR, mkv media; probably converting the mkv container on the fly, hence the direct stream. The cpu load is very low.
Once it needs to transcode, e.g. because of subtitles, HDR is no longer available, only SDR.
With plex behavior i mean that it cant stream local mkv files without transcoding it from mkv to something plex supports. Also the subtitles thing u mention.
Mrmc does not transcode or am i mistaken?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

box4mm wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 15:49
Everbrave wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 11:15 I don’t understand what you mean by the usual Plex or MrMC behavior, but the Plex player on ATV using the native tvOS player, can direct stream (not direct play) 4K, HEVC, HDR, mkv media; probably converting the mkv container on the fly, hence the direct stream. The cpu load is very low.
With plex behavior i mean that it cant stream local mkv files without transcoding it from mkv to something plex supports. Also the subtitles thing u mention.
Mrmc does not transcode or am i mistaken?
It makes zero sense to transcode on a client. Transcode implies decoding and if you have the ponies to decode, then you can play :)

Transmux is a different story. Transmux means moving the stream packets from one container format to another. This is essentially a copy. As with transcoding, MrMC does not transmux to different containers. We demux, then decode and render.