testing MrMC 3.0.7

Old TestFlight threads
Ted377

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.7

Post by Ted377 »

I like this update very much. Everything runs smoothly and also the scroll function is now perfectly matched. :D
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

I see the latest "testflight" build is on Amazon now. What to look for there?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 21:22 I see the latest "testflight" build is on Amazon now. What to look for there?
updated metadata provider API
fixed upside down bookmarks in droid

tvOS Siri remote changes of course do not apply. Speaking if which, how is the current version ?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Seems a lot better to me... but all that said new people or people not reading this thread are going to have no idea. There should be something in the remote settings that's pop up a screen that shows how the remote works.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 21:27
cosmoxl wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 21:22 I see the latest "testflight" build is on Amazon now. What to look for there?
updated metadata provider API
fixed upside down bookmarks in droid

tvOS Siri remote changes of course do not apply. Speaking if which, how is the current version ?
I posted yesterday afternoon about the most recent testflight on tvOS.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 18 Jun 2017, 20:51 What is intended behavior now with pan auto scroll? I don't have to actually pan - all I have to do is hold my finger on an "edge" and it'll start moving the cursor somewhere. And it seems that panning is still too fast in the main menu with MrMC skin.
Humm, somehow missed it :)

When you say 'panning is still too fast in the main menu', do you mean that a small finger movement jumps too many items ? In tvOS, home. the trackpad seems to map to three or four items for a pan. We are around four. So start on left, pan all that way right and it should move over about four items, keep finger down, move back to left, then back where you started. This also depends on speed of pan, in tvOS, slower seems to pan more items than fast and we try to replicated this.

There are two ways to trigger auto-repeat.
a) finger down on trackpad, slide finger up/down/right/left. Focus will 'track' your sliding movements (depending on vert/horz list and which way you move). Keep finger down and slide to an edge, this triggers auto-repeat. Auto repeat 1st starts with single bumps (slow enough to see and stop on an item), then after a few seconds will switch to a faster 4 item scroll per cycle. Netflix does this with IR remotes.

b) finder down on edge, goes right into auto-repeat after a small delay in the direction of touch down.

Note that some views have auto-repeats disabled in one or both axis. There is an orientation factor. Home view for example, has both disabled. Views with items with a horz layout, auto repeat is off for vertical movements.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 22:54 Seems a lot better to me... but all that said new people or people not reading this thread are going to have no idea. There should be something in the remote settings that's pop up a screen that shows how the remote works.
Yea, there's a lot of operations that can happen. Both Amet and my head have exploded several times over the past two weeks :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

new version released;
tvOS: fixed Siri pan item creep/auto-repeat issues
tvOS: fixed annoying visual focus effects when auto-repeat panning
tvOS: fixed Siri edge swipe (page jump) to only work on edges

Getting closer to a release candidate so if anyone finds specific issues (besides an I hate it), speak up :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 23:48
cosmoxl wrote: 18 Jun 2017, 20:51 What is intended behavior now with pan auto scroll? I don't have to actually pan - all I have to do is hold my finger on an "edge" and it'll start moving the cursor somewhere. And it seems that panning is still too fast in the main menu with MrMC skin.
Humm, somehow missed it :)

When you say 'panning is still too fast in the main menu', do you mean that a small finger movement jumps too many items ? In tvOS, home. the trackpad seems to map to three or four items for a pan. We are around four. So start on left, pan all that way right and it should move over about four items, keep finger down, move back to left, then back where you started. This also depends on speed of pan, in tvOS, slower seems to pan more items than fast and we try to replicated this.

There are two ways to trigger auto-repeat.
a) finger down on trackpad, slide finger up/down/right/left. Focus will 'track' your sliding movements (depending on vert/horz list and which way you move). Keep finger down and slide to an edge, this triggers auto-repeat. Auto repeat 1st starts with single bumps (slow enough to see and stop on an item), then after a few seconds will switch to a faster 4 item scroll per cycle. Netflix does this with IR remotes.

b) finder down on edge, goes right into auto-repeat after a small delay in the direction of touch down.

Note that some views have auto-repeats disabled in one or both axis. There is an orientation factor. Home view for example, has both disabled. Views with items with a horz layout, auto repeat is off for vertical movements.
I'm sorry, I just noticed I never replied to this. I'll take a look at the testflight that just came out and get back to you.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 16:09 new version released;
tvOS: fixed Siri pan item creep/auto-repeat issues
tvOS: fixed annoying visual focus effects when auto-repeat panning
tvOS: fixed Siri edge swipe (page jump) to only work on edges

Getting closer to a release candidate so if anyone finds specific issues (besides an I hate it), speak up :)
Yes, seems some quirks are now fixed. However, now it seems it's not sensitive enough to my attempts to pan. Often it'll show that it's getting some input but not actually move the selection.

The speed in the main menu with MrMC skin and a swipe is good now - it doesn't sling around several times like the wheel on The Price is Right now. :) But, like I said, now it seems pan doesn't respond most of the time. So, I can't seem to test panning in the main menu. Depends on how detailed you want it. I'm happy with the way it is since I use tapping usually.