1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Poster Art not updating in Movies Directory in tvOS 14.6

Report any issues you might have in here
spankydude99

Poster Art not updating in Movies Directory in tvOS 14.6

Post by spankydude99 »

Is anyone else experiencing that poster art is no longer updating as appropriate from any of the movie directory sources (Ex: The Movie Database or Universal Movie Scraper)? I have four AppleTVs running the latest version of MrMC and noticed this issue in the only past 3-4 days on all of my devices (this was working completely fine previously). Poster art is updating correctly for TV Shows, but not for the Movies directory. It seems that thumbnails are being incorrectly used as poster art. I'm curious if it might be an issue on my end, if the issue is related to MrMC software, or specifically the poster art sources in which content is pulled from.
Waltman

Re: Poster Art not updating in Movies Directory in tvOS 14.6

Post by Waltman »

See this post, with a solution included.

https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5698
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
spankydude99

Post by spankydude99 »

I reviewed the post and am not 100% sure on which solution you are referring to. I tried cleaning thumbnails then regenerating thumbnails and the issue still persists, on 4 separate AppleTVs all experiencing the same issue (thumbnails are being populated as poster art yet ONLY in the movies directory, TV art is all syncing 100% accurately). I also removed the source then re-added. I even deleted the MrMC app entirely, restarted Apple TV, reinstalled, and the same issue persisted when adding the source back and scanning for Movie poster art. I also removed the source, then re-added a Movies folder and renamed, the issue still is occurring on my end. I regularly add content to my local library and it was strange to me this issue just started occurring 4-5 days ago, and again, the same issue began occurring on 4 separate Apple TVs on my home network. I did notice when navigating to "choose art" for an individual movie, for the poster metadata that is pulled, when I have "current art" selected which is where the poster art should be but instead the thumb is; the lower lefthand corner I see the path "THUMB://THUMB/ . So it does appear this is where the issue may lie?

Can you pinpoint which solution you were referring to so I can test. Thanks for your help by the way!
spankydude99

Post by spankydude99 »

I connected with another MrMC user who confirmed he is experiencing the same issue, when adding new movies in the last few days, that poster art is not being scraped and instead thumbnails are being used where poster art should be. I regularly add new content to my server and noticed this in the past few days. Are any others experiencing this issue with adding new movie content in the past few days? The fact that connecting with another MrMC user on a different network is reproducing the same issue leads me to think it's not an isolated issue only on my server, but seeking other feedback to help isolate and resolve problem.
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

Waltman wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 05:40 See this post, with a solution included.

https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5698
The thumb files files are causing the problem, try to delete them and see if it’s fixed. See my answer from july 14th

https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29964#p29964
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
spankydude99

Post by spankydude99 »

Thanks for the continued help, Waltman. I tried deleting the thumbs as mentioned in your answer from June 14th and the issue is still not correcting. Are poster/thumb files downloaded on the server side, or are they downloaded locally on front ends, being AppleTVs in my set up? The only reason I'm asking is when I search through all file types on my server, I"m not currently finding that any metadata content is downloaded to the server, so I'm not entirely sure how to delete the thumbs as your solution suggests on a front end (AppleTV) other than designating "no art" for the thumb. When I select "no art" for the thumb, it does not solve the issue. After setting "no art" for the thumb and manually refreshing the movie, the thumb ends up reverting back and no poster or fanart are present.

I really do appreciate the continued guidance as I'm attempting to resolve - just not having any success yet, and with a movie library of 1000+, the lack of metadata is less than ideal.

I know this test may not prove anything based on my limited understanding, but for the heck of it, I downloaded and installed MrMC Lite and added a new source and scanned for movies, and the same issue occurred that I've been experiencing. Also considering I connected with another MrMC user last evening who added a new movie to his directory, and he experienced the same issue in which thumbs are in the place where poster art should be (maybe this is just a coincidence though).

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to successfully add a movie in the past day and if the metadata downloaded correctly?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

posters should be fixed in the updated metadata addons, I have pushed the update and it MrMC should pull it in soon or you can manually trigger the addon updates, Settings -> Extensions -> open hidden menu on the left and hit update
spankydude99

Post by spankydude99 »

That resolved the issue! Thanks, amet!
manwithastick

Post by manwithastick »

amet wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 15:31 posters should be fixed in the updated metadata addons, I have pushed the update and it MrMC should pull it in soon or you can manually trigger the addon updates, Settings -> Extensions -> open hidden menu on the left and hit update
I've been having this same issue with the posters. MRMC does see that there are updates available and doesn't seem to install/update them.

To confirm I'm in Settings>MRMC>Extensions>Extensions>Information Providers>Movie Information>The Movie Database - Update Available.

I tried to open a hidden left menu on everyone of the above pages and nothing happened.

Thanks guys.