Incomplete In-Progress TV using Kodi DB

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Incomplete In-Progress TV using Kodi DB

Post by amet »

what you are seeing is intended behaviour, we show the list of episodes that were partially watched ...

I don't know what kodi does, it looks like it presents the shows that were watched recently but still have some unfinished episodes in them.
feardamhan

Post by feardamhan »

Ok. That begins to explain it. Yes Kodi shows tv shows that are in progress rather than episodes that are in progress. The former delivers the latter too in that when you select the tv show you have been watching you can access the partially watched file easily.

Granted. There is a nuance. The TV show doesn’t show up until there is at least one completed episode in the tv show.

So what happens if there are no partially watched episodes? Is that section on the home page blank?

Is it possible to make that configurable by offering an option that performs slightly different queries? That would avoid the extra navigation steps of the hierarchy every time you wanted to watch a tv show.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

It’s possible, we will discuss it internally but no promises as this change would change it for all users that have been using it in past.

In order to keep the things simple, and unless it’s really necessary , we try to avoid adding new settings.
feardamhan

Post by feardamhan »

Thanks Amet. To not disrupt your current user base I would suggest it be a non-default setting and that it only apply when Kodi backend is in us - but it would definitely help those wishing to utilize the Kodi backend and have a similar experience to that of Kodi's home screen.
feardamhan

Post by feardamhan »

Hi Guys

Wondering if you had any further thoughts on this? Its the one part of MrMc that grates on me everytime I use it to watch TV shows. Having to navigate the hierarchy each time I launch the app makes we really wants the home screen to be capable to showing TV shows in progress vs episodes in progress.

I saw in another thread, mention that there was no logical way to show this in a single line. I would offer that it should simply follow what Kodi does and show the 10 shows that were watch most recently, sorted chronologically from most recently watched to oldest.
feardamhan

Post by feardamhan »

Hi folks

Any way I can log an official feature request for this?

To be clear, I was hoping that the current 'Partially watched episodes' would remain, but request would be that an additional option to present partially watched tv shows as discussed above be added.