1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hard Drive use only

Any issues that are Android specific
Chadandrews

Hard Drive use only

Post by Chadandrews »

Hi Folks,

Been using MrMC for a number of years and it just works! I like it.

I am having one issue that i can't seem to solve. I have an android box with MrMC installed on it for use at my cottage with a hard drive that i have my collection of videos on it. No internet connection, no wifi, etc. Just the android box and the hard drive. Every time i start MrMC and navigate to Movies I get the spinning circle and it is searching for a video db of some sort. if i cancel this it will go into my movies through an odd menu where i have to choose how to sort it first, so still usable but not how i don't think it should be. Once in the Movies everything is fine, all movie data is there and all the fan art. If i dont cancel it will keep looking for the db, circle keeps spinning. Oddly enough, if i use my phone as a hotspot, it does not happen, evidently it is looking for something off the internet of wifi. So, my question, why is it looking for something outside that i don't need? Is there specific setting i need to turn off to prevent this? Could anyone offer advice for use with direct connected usb hard drive only?

Thanks

Chad
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Hard Drive use only

Post by koying »

Hi,

A picture being worth a thousand words, would it be possible to "phone capture" a video of what is happening, please.
It'd help visually getting a grab on the issue.

Having the debuglog related to the capture would be great, too.

Thanks.