1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

GUI Slowdown-Normal?

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
Ufotofu

GUI Slowdown-Normal?

Post by Ufotofu »

After my music database disappeared recently (Apple cache issue?) I decided to install MySQL using the wiki instructions. All went well but I've noticed a slow down in response on the main gui section - MUSIC LIVE TV VIDEO SETTINGS PICTURES etc-. Just wondering if this is expected behavior. Once I'm down a layer browsing in the music or Live TV sections everything is as speedy as before.

Thanks.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: GUI Slowdown-Normal?

Post by amet »

It’s not normal, could be that it’s loading your database and that slows it down?... does it speed up once database is loaded?

Anything in debuglog?
Ufotofu

Re: GUI Slowdown-Normal?

Post by Ufotofu »

Thanks for the reply.

The only thing that takes a few seconds to load is the PVR manager (using NextPVR). I rarely see anything for the music library on start up it’s immediate and library re-scans are quick. It’s really just a slow response shifting between Music - TV - Settings. Once I’m browsing in any of those, the response is very quick. I’ll check the debug logs to see if there is anything there.

The debuglog is TH0MV.log

I think I figured out the issue. The only thing in the log is about the PVR manager which sometimes takes a while to start. I think the issue may be enabling custom backgrounds in 2 of the skins Amber & Black Glass Nova. Ariana and Opacity without custom backgrounds are not noticeably slower than before.