1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

LPCM on Fire TV 4K

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Dave_O

LPCM on Fire TV 4K

Post by Dave_O »

Can MRMC On Fire TV be set to convert DTS and TrueHD Atmos to LPCM? I currently use Passthrough / 2 ch / Enable Dolby Digital transcoding to handle DTS content to a Sonos Arc.

From fritsch – Kodi team dev on Kodi Fire tv forum
Yes - just disable Passthrough and set the appropriate number of channels. Also take care: Amazon decided to output everything multi-channel as DD+ in their great wisdom. You either need Kodi v19 or the fritschfiretv version to work around this. (They cannot cope with multi-channel float, which is why it works in those version - in Kodi Leia we removed multi-channel float support cause of the cube ;-))
amet
Team MrMC

Re: LPCM on Fire TV 4K

Post by amet »

have you tried disabling passthrough and setting the output to 2 ch?

it should just work, but @koying would be better at answering this
Dave_O

Post by Dave_O »

I can't try it yet as Sonos has not updated the Arc to support multichannel LPCM. I was not aware of the issue that Kodi needed a special workaround, or waiting to V 19, to fix a problem Amazon introduced into the Fire TV 4K.

I was wondering if MrMC was aware of it or had fixed it.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Dave_O wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 13:44 I can't try it yet as Sonos has not updated the Arc to support multichannel LPCM. I was not aware of the issue that Kodi needed a special workaround, or waiting to V 19, to fix a problem Amazon introduced into the Fire TV 4K.

I was wondering if MrMC was aware of it or had fixed it.
ARC doesn't support multichannel PCM. eARC does.
Dave_O

Post by Dave_O »

True. HDMI ARC, the protocol does not. Arc, the Sonos Soundbar supports both ARC and eARC, but does not yet support multichannel LPCM. Sonos will add multichannel LPCM support to their Soundbar this year.