1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Firestick Voice Search

Any issues that are FireTV specific
changlish76

Firestick Voice Search

Post by changlish76 »

Simple question: Is there any way to use voice search within MrMC or the official Plex extension on a Firestick 4k?
Ivan_Toniolli

Re: Firestick Voice Search

Post by Ivan_Toniolli »

I was not able to get voice working outside prime on fire stick, not even Netflix.
On Apple TV 4k voice works in search on MrMC

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

changlish76

Post by changlish76 »

Any app that brings up the fireOS on screen keyboard will let you use the mic for speech to text. Netflix is kind of an outlier
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Text-to-speech via the "native" keyboard could be implemented, but search in general is a no-go for FireOS.
Last I looked (arguably quite a long time ago), the "global" search implemented is via the cloud, so nothing as local as Android TV.
changlish76

Post by changlish76 »

I admit the global search on fireOS is mostly useless unless you have subscriptions to a slew of services tied in with amazon. Using the mic for speech to text within an apk's search function, including the native plex and emby apps however is very nice!
Ivan_Toniolli

Post by Ivan_Toniolli »

Ivan_Toniolli wrote:I was not able to get voice working outside prime on fire stick, not even Netflix.
On Apple TV 4k voice works in search on MrMC

To be precise, I say the title in the search window on MrMC, and it types what I said in the search box, on the Apple TV.

changlish76

Post by changlish76 »

koying wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 08:36 Text-to-speech via the "native" keyboard could be implemented, but search in general is a no-go for FireOS.
Last I looked (arguably quite a long time ago), the "global" search implemented is via the cloud, so nothing as local as Android TV.
Hello! Just curious if there is any news on this subject? Speech to text is a very nice feature to have! Below is a video showing this in action on a modern firestick. I don't know if this was possible in the past, but its been this way for at least a few years now

https://streamable.com/qwkgqb