1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

VIDEO_TS playback engine  [SOLVED]

tvOS Video playback support subforum
integer

Re: VIDEO_TS playback engine

Post by integer »

davilla wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 02:05 "simplified DVD playback" is much more complicated than you think :)
I figured :lol: Simplified in name only.

Thanks for hearing me out and for the suggestion.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

So far, all my test dvd's play with ff-mpeg2video except one. Getting out the rubber gloves to investigate further.
integer

Post by integer »

:lol: Really appreciate you taking the time to look at this. I know dvd isn't the most popular format anymore.

For science I just tried 25 different dvds, all various sources, some iso, some video_ts, some NTSC, some PAL.

Every single one used libmpeg2, so I was having the opposite luck.

The only one that played back without "bad" deinterlacing is one that is progressive film encoded at 23.976fps with pulldown applied, so of course in this case there is nothing to actually deinterlace. It still used libmpeg2 but this one displayed the framerate as 59.94 for whatever reason. Everything else displayed 29.97fps or 25fps in the playback statistics.

The one I tried yesterday that has no menus does use ff-mpeg2video though.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 02:32 So far, all my test dvd's play with ff-mpeg2video except one. Getting out the rubber gloves to investigate further.
could the server type be effecting the decoder decision?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 13:22
davilla wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 02:32 So far, all my test dvd's play with ff-mpeg2video except one. Getting out the rubber gloves to investigate further.
could the server type be effecting the decoder decision?
Nope, the troublesome one even failed using libmpeg2, it's a libdvd issue.
integer

Post by integer »

As a workaround I have been doing a binary file join on the main movie VOB set, playing that, then deleting when done. Works fine, just some extra steps for the watching process. Looks infinitely better using ff-mpeg2video instead of libmpeg2.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

mpeg2 is using ff-mpeg2video now in v3.9.7 (in testflight). it's been there a few weeks now.