1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

About Dolby ATMOS

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
Everbrave

About Dolby ATMOS

Post by Everbrave »

I found this good article and wanted to share it here,

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-thea ... mos-sound/
Everbrave

Re: About Dolby ATMOS

Post by Everbrave »

Rajooge wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 09:29 I've been considering this system for a while. I want to buy property in Athens and install it there, would be a great addition to a living room. Thank you for sharing the article.
My personal advice is:
- don’t buy the up-firing atmos speakers; they are expensive and their effect is marginal and the installation sensitive to many factors
- if you cannot install speakers in the ceiling, use front-height speakers, they are quite as good
- buy a receiver with DTS Neural:X capability which takes care of the up mix locally and don’t rely on the atmos track; Neural:X is quite as good as atmos; since only few players can pass TrueHD atmos!
- remember, atmos or Neural:X are subtle effects, so don’t expect a ding-dong-bang experience; it’s not like the step from stereo to surround sound.
Good luck