1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV 4k Stick now supports hardware h264 deinterlacing

FireTV Video playback support subforum
vlaves

Fire TV 4k Stick now supports hardware h264 deinterlacing

Post by vlaves »

Now that hardware based h264 1080i deinterlacing is supported on the Fire TV 4k Stick (see: https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/81), is it possible that MrMC makes use of that?
It is really the only missing piece on the Fire TV.

Thanks for the great App and the awesome support here :)

Regards
Vlaves
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Fire TV 4k Stick now supports hardware h264 deinterlacing

Post by koying »

Not sure what you mean by linking that exoplayer issue report.
If AFTV4K starts supporting HW deinterlacing, it'll be automatically picked up if you set MPEG2 to HW decoding...
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

koying wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 08:15 Not sure what you mean by linking that exoplayer issue report.
If AFTV4K starts supporting HW deinterlacing, it'll be automatically picked up if you set MPEG2 to HW decoding...
It was just ment to show that hardware h264 1080i deinterlacing should now work on the Fire TV 4k Stick.
So if understood that correctly, Mediacodec Surface will now automatically deinterlace h264 1080i streams, if I allow interlaced content in the settings? Only have a Fire TV 3, that's why I am asking before I buy the 4k Stick.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Yep. If you allow Mediacodec (either) for the codec (MPEG2, I guess), deinterlacing will be done by the stick.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

koying wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 06:56 Yep. If you allow Mediacodec (either) for the codec (MPEG2, I guess), deinterlacing will be done by the stick.
Cool, thanks for the fast response and great Support.