1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Keymap Editor Error

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Keymap Editor Error

Post by amet »

I’ll keep trying to trigger the issue here, if you see the keymap folder the only thing I can suggest is to make it manually using the text editor of choice
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

What would I enter to do it manually? Not sure if I would have to use the <universalremote> tag and what my obc# would be.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Depends how your universal remote is setup, it’s possible that some funny character is mapped to page up/down or that it’s not mapped at all.
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

The following may be involved. When I assign a key using the key map editor, it does not register.

For example, after assigning a key my Keymap editor will still read:

Page Up -

And it’s the same when I try to assign another button for a different function:

Play -

All with nothing showing after the dash after I go through the process of assigning a button. So when I go to save, it fails because there isn’t anything to save.

When I go through the same steps on my AppleTV an entry shows after the dash and the save is successful.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

So my question again, how is harmony remote setup? If shield doesn’t recognise the IR input then we don’t get anything from that button and keymap editor has nothing to save...
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

It is currently set as Direction Up and Down for Page Up and Down respectively which do work for these functions with the Shield. I’ve reassigned the buttons to different functions with the Harmony app but that didn’t help either.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

So you need to map up/down on harmony to page up/down in MrMrC

Maybe @koying can comment on which keymap shield uses, if there is no mapping for those buttons(and I don’t think there would be since shield remote doesn’t have page up/down) then nothing is passed to us by system and there is nothing to map
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Not super clear what's the target state, here...

The Channel up/down keys, as on the Harmony, are mapped to Pg up/down, because MrMC has no notion of "Channel up/down" keys per se.

If you want it something else, you have to change the mapping on the Harmony side, to something else, possibly then changing the mapping of the "something else" in MrMC.

By instance, I wanted the "Menu" key on the harmony to map to the context menu.
I mapped "Menu" to "Ctrl-Atl 1" on the harmony side, then mapped

Code: Select all

<one mod="ctrl,alt">ContextMenu</one>
in keyboard.xml