1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Keymap Editor Error

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
Climiu

Keymap Editor Error

Post by Climiu »

With my Nvidia Shield Pro, I have being trying to use the Keymap editor to program Page Up and Page Down on my Logitech Harmony remote. I receive an error message that it failed and to check the log which shows as follows:

https://pastebin.com/R8Np9rNm

I'm not sure what the error means and how to fix.
Climiu

Re: Keymap Editor Error

Post by Climiu »

Is anyone using the Keymap Editor to program Page Up and Down for navigation on a Logitech Harmony remote?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I have no issues with it, just tested...

Let’s see the full debuglog please
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

We need to see the full debuglog
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

its strange, there is a numero sign(º) somewhere in the keymap file and thats what fails with

"UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xba in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)"

can you tell me exactly what you do to get this issue please, any chance you can get the keymap file out of the shield?
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

Thanks for helping me out with this. From the Home Menu, I go to Extensions -> Keymap Editor -> Edit -> Global -> Navigation -> Page Up (Or Page Down) -> Edit key -> Assign my Ch/Pg button on the Logitech Harmony Ulitmate -> Hit back until I'm at the screen with the Save option.

When I select Save an error message pops up saying -> Keymap Editor Error. Check the log for more information

I can access the gen.xml file in the keymaps folder. The contents of the file is just:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf8'?>
<keymap />
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

and if you assign a different button or a different function? does it fail then?

difficult for us to fix it if we cant reproduce, hence me trying to understand what triggers the error
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

It fails for all functions and all buttons. I even tried a uninstall and reinstall but still am experiencing the issue.