1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Trouble with resuming 4K videos

tvOS Video playback support subforum
tcl-max

Trouble with resuming 4K videos

Post by tcl-max »

Hello,

I'm sing MrMC to play high-bitrate 4K HDR rips of UHD discs, via Plex integration in MrMC. When I resume playing the video after a break, there is stuttering, pausing, or a low-fps-effect on the video while the audio plays fine. The video never corrects itself.

I have gigabit wired networking that uses an AppleTV 4K for the playback, with files hosted on a NAS, and the Plex server on a Gigabyte Brix. Whenever I play the 4K HDR rips from the start, they play flawlessly with no issues whatsoever. But resuming from any where / any chapter in the file causes the above issues. I looked at the Plex dashboard, and the network traffic doesn't go about about 400Mbs, so I don't think that's the culprit. I suspect the NAS has to struggle to provide the data from the disk, but if that were the case, why would playing from the start of a file have no issues?

I don't see a setting for buffering amount or latency in MrMC, so I'm out of ideas at this point.

Right now this means I have to watch movies all the way through because of the video problems on resume.

Ideas?
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Trouble with resuming 4K videos

Post by amet »

Debuglog might have more info, make sure you capture the log after the issue appears.
tcl-max

Re: Trouble with resuming 4K videos

Post by tcl-max »