1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

[Request]Would Jellyfin be supported

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
lvvllc

[Request]Would Jellyfin be supported

Post by lvvllc »

Hi,

I just wonder would Jellyfin be support later?

Thanks
MediaDevil

Re: [Request]Would Jellyfin be supported

Post by MediaDevil »

I'd like to see this too. What is Jellyfin: "Jellyfin is the Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. There are no strings attached, no premium licenses or features, and no hidden agendas".
I've tried connecting to my Jellyfin server on ATV 4 using the MrMC Emby service. And it doesn't really work very well. It does connect. Libraries are found and displayed. But the UX isn't smooth (crashing/hanging, libraries don't always load). Playback does work if you manage to navigate the library.

Some discussion on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/jellyfin/comme ... r/ejas9lz/
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

If someone could add a test account on their jellyfin server for MrMC devs to test. You can email details to [email protected]
MediaDevil

Post by MediaDevil »

Hi davilla, I'm not quite sure how (there isn't an Emby Connect equivalent) but will ask on the Reddit sub. Hopefully someone can.

Thanks.
anthonylavado

Post by anthonylavado »

Hi @Davilla,
I’m part of the Jellyfin core team. We’re just getting ready to put out a new version, and as soon as we’re clear there, I’ll send over some details.

:-)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

@anthonylavado

If you could let us know what the API differences are that would be great, we could work on getting it in MrMC.

Feel free to get in touch on support at mrmc.tv if it’s easier
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I have connected to it using emby manual sign in and I see no issues or crashes... small library, but nonetheless ... all good.

could you post a debuglog when it crashes for you or a way for us to reproduce.
MediaDevil

Post by MediaDevil »

amet wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 18:21could you post a debuglog when it crashes for you or a way for us to reproduce.
Hi Amet, I just tried again.

No crashes. But very slow. Jellyfin 10.2.2. ATV 4. MrMC 3.8. Arianna skin. What I saw:
  • Homescreen seems fine. I was mid way through an episode and it appeared ready to resume. As well as recently added episodes.
  • Accessing Movies - nothing loads. Screenshot below.
  • Accessing TV - part loads the library, around 25 out of 70 shows total. Can drill down into seasons and episodes fine. Playback is fine.
Log: https://pastebin.com/a8KMNfPM

Movies section:
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I wonder if it’s not the 3.8.1 that I am testing vs 3.8.0 that you have.

Wanna try 3.8.1 TestFlight ? Send us a mail to support and I’ll add you in, need your Apple ID you used to get MrMC
MediaDevil

Post by MediaDevil »

Cheers. Dropped you a mail.