1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Add support for Subscene and addic7ed subtitles services

Development talk only
RedWolf

Re: Add support for Subscene and addic7ed subtitles services

Post by RedWolf »

amet wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 20:34 Webscrape is purely based on regex and changes when the website changes.... we have played this game in Kodi days and it was not a good idea then and is not a good idea now :)
I'm a bit confused by this, and why we're focusing on the web scraping part. What I have been proposing is to let me take care of the implementation details. Web scrape via regex is of course one potential implementation but so is e.g. controlling a headless Chrome, which is not limited by JS-heavy sites, for example. That would also allow usage of JS to query the DOM. I realize it's not a fit for integration into MrMC, but again, that's not what I was proposing.
amet wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 20:34 You can’t just turn OpenSubtitle api into webscraper... that’s not how it works. Check the MrMC github on how 2 included services work. Search query does have enough info for OpenSubtitle to return results, but it might have different parameters for other services.... one example is language parameter, OpenSubtitle uses ISO6392B and podnapisi uses ISO6391

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/blob/maste ... Search.cpp

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/blob/maste ... Search.cpp
I'm not really interested in debating about what's technologically possible and what is not. This argument does not really help me see any limitations to my proposal. It would require a bit of work to replicate the OpenSubtitles API, but once that's in place there aren't really any limitations since it's running as an external service, pretending to be OpenSubtitles. Thanks for the links.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

hold on, so you would like to create your own API .. we give you a possibility to enter your own host address and thats it?

your api will query <insert site name> and return it back to MrMC?

EDIT: I did not read any of your posts like that, sorry if I misunderstood
RedWolf

Post by RedWolf »

Yeah amet, that's exactly it. Sorry for the miscommunication.