1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

cannot delete files from FTP share

Report any issues you might have in here
rogbott

cannot delete files from FTP share

Post by rogbott » 24 Mar 2019, 01:36

This problem has also plagued Kodi, but I am using FTP for a couple shares and while I have the delete option turned on MRMC, it doesn't actually delete the file from the server. It will remove the item from the MRMC interface, but on the next library scan it will put it back in because the file still exists on the server. This is not a problem with SMB which give you a nice warning before deleting the source file on the server.

It would be great if this bug could be fixed. This happens on all platforms even with the deletion setting toggled on from the menu.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: cannot delete files from FTP share

Post by davilla » 24 Mar 2019, 02:54

rogbott wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 01:36
This problem has also plagued Kodi, but I am using FTP for a couple shares and while I have the delete option turned on MRMC, it doesn't actually delete the file from the server. It will remove the item from the MRMC interface, but on the next library scan it will put it back in because the file still exists on the server. This is not a problem with SMB which give you a nice warning before deleting the source file on the server.

It would be great if this bug could be fixed. This happens on all platforms even with the deletion setting toggled on from the menu.
ftp actually uses libcurl. I took a quick look and it might be possible to add a delete capability. I have something big on the front burner right now so no telling when I can look deeper.

rogbott

Re: cannot delete files from FTP share

Post by rogbott » 24 Mar 2019, 03:56

Thanks. It's definitely not A deal breaker- just more of an annoyance.