1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Add support for Subscene and addic7ed subtitles services

Development talk only
aaaMMMaaa

Add support for Subscene and addic7ed subtitles services

Post by aaaMMMaaa »

Hello, from stock the only two subtitles services available are opensubtitles and podnapisi.
However the two i use the most are subscene(movies) and addic7ed(tv shows) from Kodi.
It is possible to have the opporunity to install these services?

Then MrMC will completelly fullfill whatever i was using Kodi for.

Thank you
Running MrMC (latest) on Atv4K-TvOS (latest)
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Add support for Subscene and addic7ed subtitles services

Post by davilla »

aaaMMMaaa wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 11:52 Hello, from stock the only two subtitles services available are opensubtitles and podnapisi.
However the two i use the most are subscene(movies) and addic7ed(tv shows) from Kodi.
It is possible to have the opporunity to install these services?

Then MrMC will completelly fullfill whatever i was using Kodi for.

Thank you
Do these subtitles services have an API ?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

No, they do not unfortunately
Slice314

Post by Slice314 »

we could use kodi plugins, they work.
ravo666

Post by ravo666 »

Hi,

Addicted plugin is here:
https://github.com/romanvm/service.addic7ed

Subscene just use the one in the official Kodi repo:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Subscene.com

Please make these available in Mr.MC! :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Again, the question is "Do these subtitles services have an API ?"
If not, then the answer is no, we will not resort to scrapping web sites.
RedWolf

Post by RedWolf »

Hi,

I asked this once before but got no answer, just putting it out there in hopes of a better future :D
Seeing as there is very low confidence in introducing new subtitle providers, would you be open to considering a more generic approach?

For example, if we could change the URL to the OpenSubtitles API, we could run our own API that conforms to it and use whatever provider in the background. It could also be a custom API that you feel is a good fit for Mr.MC and a custom plugin.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Zero(0) chances that opensubtile API approach will work with any other subtitle service as can be seen from 2 we have included, totally different way of searching and downloading. If you throw a website scrape in the mix it will be impossible to make universal approach without creating a new service for it.

Subtitle services depend on web traffic for revenue and bypassing that is frowned upon.
RedWolf

Post by RedWolf »

amet wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 10:16 Zero(0) chances that opensubtile API approach will work with any other subtitle service as can be seen from 2 we have included, totally different way of searching and downloading.
To be honest I have a hard time seeing why it would be a problem. Looking at the OpenSubtitle API, it seems to me a search query does include enough information to turn it into an appropriate search query on another service
amet wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 10:16 If you throw a website scrape in the mix it will be impossible to make universal approach without creating a new service for it.
How so? The web scrape would be done by, say, my hypothetical self-made API that conforms to the OpenSubtitle API (from a MrMC perspective).
amet wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 10:16 Subtitle services depend on web traffic for revenue and bypassing that is frowned upon.
That's fair, and I agree, unfair to the services (unless they are OK with it).

Anyway, I appreciate the response, and I'm sure you are in a better position to see some obstacles I can't :) .
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Webscrape is purely based on regex and changes when the website changes.... we have played this game in Kodi days and it was not a good idea then and is not a good idea now :)

You can’t just turn OpenSubtitle api into webscraper... that’s not how it works. Check the MrMC github on how 2 included services work. Search query does have enough info for OpenSubtitle to return results, but it might have different parameters for other services.... one example is language parameter, OpenSubtitle uses ISO6392B and podnapisi uses ISO6391

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/blob/maste ... Search.cpp

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/blob/maste ... Search.cpp